“Right decision!”

I Heart Melbourne Tours
Ranked #10 of 109 Food & Drink in Melbourne
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a small, family run company based in Melbourne specialising in private, small group and family-friendly day tours. All our tours provide fun, flexible itineraries tailored to suit each group's interest. Relaxed and leisurely are key words for our tours and we pride ourselves in going that extra mile for top customer service. When travelling with a family, our tours are structured in such a way as make sure the kids are happy and aim to make to make the day just as enjoyable for oldies and youngies alike. Our family tours provide all the equipment a parent may need. Each child is guaranteed its own seat with a fitted child restraint.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Based on the good reviews on Trip Advisor, I contacted James through e-mail about our family trip to Melbourne. I wanted to go on the G.O.R and Puffing Billy tours and was wondering whether we could go on the same day we arrived. He replied and gave me good advice as I am travelling with 2 children, saying the flight might be delayed and a tour straight away after landing might be too tiring for my parents in-law as well as my kids. I am glad that I took his advice and decided explored Melbourne city on my own first and went on the tour on the 3rd day instead. We had fun time exploring the area. The morning tea with a view was lovely addition and my father in law had a splendid time feeding the cockatoos! The highlight was of course the 12 Apostles view, but I also really enjoyed the short walk in the rainforest! As I told James, it was like walking in Gardens by the Bay's Cloud Forest in Singapore but it's the real deal! The air was so fresh, the greeneries soothe our eyes, and we walked out the rainforest feeling healed!

Our 2nd tour was with Peter, who took us to Puffing Billy and Healesville Sanctuary. The Puffing Billy steam train was a hit with my girls. It's an open train, so James did remind us to dress warmly which we did. Peter drove us to the first station then fetched us at our destination and drove us to the sanctuary. We brought our own food this time, so Peter suggested that we can have a picnic at the sanctuary. Peter would explain to us about the stuff we saw on our way, from the rubbish collection to shops to lemon eucalyptus leaves! We were comparing it to how it is in Singapore. We had a nice time having our lunch at the sanctuary, there're some picnic spots and tables available. Since we still have some time, Peter suggested to bring us to a chocolate factory on the way back, and I am glad he did! Yummy chocolates, snacks, cakes, gelato ice creams! Good to stop here and buy some as gifts. Everything was packed nicely and there're variety of items available.

Overall, we enjoyed both our tours, and I would recommend them to those who're going to Melbourne. Just contact them!

All reviews
"large tour buses"
"knock knock"
"aireys inlet"
in 2 reviews
"real highlight of our trip"
"comfortable car"
"phillip island"
in 12 reviews
"perfect guide"
"wine tour"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 9 June 2018

Can't recommend this guy enough! We booked two separate tours with him (two consecutive days) and couldn't have made a better choice. He picked us up on time and our first tour was a trip down the GOR ending at the Apostles (there's not 12!). We made several stops, including one at a campground where we say koala's and fed some beautiful birds right out of our hands!

The second day was a trip to Phillips Island. Once again, James didn't disappoint. There was great conversation, laughs, all the while learning about the area.

James was an excellent tour guide. It was the little things, too, that made for a great trip. We stopped and had tea and lamingtons, as well as time on our own for lunch. He's full of interesting tidbits and jokes. :)

Overall, a 5* experience.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

We had a great time on James' tour - it was very relaxing to be able to just sit back and enjoy the activities without any concern about timing, tickets, navigation... James' experience allowed us to have a great time feeding Kangaroos, arrive just in time for a splendid sunset with views of the Mornington peninsula and then have a little safari to see the Penguins come in - awesome!

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

We decided to book a Yarra Valley wine tour with James because we wanted to celebrate my sister's milestone birthday but also cater to the needs of our 20 month old toddler. There were four adult's and our toddler and we had a fantastic day! James is lots of fun, personable and blended into our group effortlessly. We all enjoyed the relaxed pace of the day and tried some incredible wines. We love the way he customised our trip and we particularly enjoyed the opportunity to visit some small wineries as well as a large one. None of us had been wine tasting in Melbourne and we all walked away feeling like it was the highlight of our Melbourne trip. If we return to Melbourne we'd definitely book another tour with James!