“I Enjoyed My Antipasto & Veal Saltimbocca Dinner on the Patio Earlier This Month”
Review of Piccolo Mondo

Piccolo Mondo
Ranked #23 of 4,390 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Lygon Street
Description: Driven by Italian homemade cooking, this Italian restaurant takes you back to the way Nonna used to do it! Run by a not so small Italian family, Piccolo Mondo offers a beautiful range of home made pasta, freshly caught seafood, a great selection of steaks, chicken and veal and also supports vegetarian, gluten free and vegan options. With an upstairs function room available and room to fit bookings, birthdays, functions and more, this Italian restaurant will have you coming back!
Reviewed 22 December 2017

I had a delicious dinner of veal saltimbocca after a great antipasto on the patio of Piccolo Mondo earlier this month. I received great, friendly service throughout my meal. It was a beautiful early evening and sitting outside on the patio was delightful. My veal saltimbocca was extremely tender and was well prepared. The associated vegetables were delicious as well.
I loved my veal dish but if I come back to Melbourne in the future I will likely try a seafood dish here since these looked great on the adjacent tables.
Everyone on the staff that I interacted with seemed genuinely interested in optimizing my dining experience. There is ample inside seating on two floors if the weather isn't optimal to be on the patio.

2  Thank MobileResident

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

Have been here four times and every time I wish I could eat more. The spice of the food for my taste was spot on. I have never left their table wanting more or not liking the food. As for price you get what you pay for, atmosphere is always great here lovely people open and friendly.

1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

This is the first time I have left a restaurant feeling totally ripped off. The food was nice but char grilled octopus (a little on the chewy side) with a tiny oil drenched salad x 2, a bowl of chips and one glass of non-alcoholic apple cider came to over $90. Really!! Can't recommend as the quality of the food didn't meet the steep price. Also when I see lots of 'one off' reviewers on saying how great a place is I get a little suspicious.

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

I came with my family for a night on lygon street open to suggestions on where to eat. Piccolo Mondo caught my eye, not just because of the welcoming, open and passionate front of house, Joseph, but because the claim of homemade food. It did not disappoint! Amazing pasta, fresh seafood and took me back to my grandmothers house with the experience. Well done to the friendly family restaurant! We will definitely be back

2  Thank hazelp330
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Amazing squid ink pasta, fresh & tasty. Spaghetti with whiting well seasoned & fresh. Lovely staff & service.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member