“Great Modern Italian”

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 30 July 2017

We went to try out this restaurant on a recommendation from a friend.
I called to make a reservation but they were full so we decided to try the bistro side which is walk in. When we arrived there was a 20 minute wait for the bistro so we sat at the bar and had a drink. The owner started chatting to us and invited us to a table in the Restaurant section.
Our waiter turned out to be Damien from MKR fame, and he was very attentive, he discussed the specials and we ended up choosing
lentil soup which was divine, linguine truffles and il nero linguine with calamari.
All the dishes were delicious and the service was excellent.
They also have a great selection of Australian and Italian wines to choose from to complement your meal.
If in Melbourne try it out!
if you want a slightly cheaper option eat in their bistro

1  Thank Andyk2121

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

In town for a show with my teen/adult children dressing night and we wanted some hearty warming food. Busy little place (bistro ) had to wait but 10 minutes. Our food was delicious the staff were on point very friendly and nice wine list happy days we shall return

Reviewed 25 July 2017

We were there for dinner. Staff were so friendly and flexible according to your demand. Authentic Italian dish such pasta and many choice of main dish. Cheese and dessert also nice. Superb wine list.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

My wife has been looking forward to trying this restaurant for a while, and so often high expectations can be dashed. So I went down the stairs into the restaurant with a little trepidation....
On this occasion the food was excellent, the wine choices plentiful and the service as good as you can get.
My Lamb Ragu was very special, so tasty I didn't want it to end. The ladies shared a main course and two starters, and loved them all, after we had started with olives and herb bread.
$75 for a bottle of Chianti on 'special' seemed a lot, but it's not a wine I know much about and the very helpful bar staff allowed me tasters if that and another wine. We did enjoy it though.
In the topic of price, be prepared to come here with deeper pockets than normal as some of the prices are a touch on the high side.
But my wife's expectations were fulfilled.....

1  Thank Mike F
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

This is one of the most beautiful restaurants I have ever enjoyed. For so many reasons. The atmosphere/ambience is amazing. The range of wine unbelievable/terrific. The food incredible. Customer service? Amazing!!!
Thank you Lindsey. You made our evening celebrating my sisters birthday so lovely.
We all agreed your customer service is wonderful. Looking forward to dining with you again when I return to Melbourne in a few weeks time.

2  Thank Southernoceansailing