“Dinner with my daughter ”

Da Guido Melbourne la Pasta
Ranked #5 of 4,330 Restaurants in Melbourne
Neighbourhood: Lygon Street
Neighbourhood: Lygon Street
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Wonderful service amazing pasta and the best tiramisu ever would not hesitate to recommend. Thankyou

Reviewed 17 September 2017

This was my second visit at Guido and it didn't disappoint, exceptional menu and wine list. The cuisine is outstanding as is the service, very attentive waiters. Would thoroughly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

When I retired a couple of years ago someone said that when anybody asks: What are you going to do in retirement you tell them: Whatever I want. Today I wanted a good Italian lunch in Lygon Street + a movie in Cinema Nova. The movie was OK (Gifted) and for lunch we choose Da Guido which was just excellent. Service could not be better, the choice of wines by the glass was good and the food great. As an appetizer we shared tuna tartare which was wonderful. My seafood pasta was superb and my wife was raving about her tuna. Even the espresso was perfect. Hot and very strong. Not cheap but worth the money.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Still my favorite Italian Restaurant. Authentic cuisine. Most important things to me are Taste, Quality and Customer Service. Da Guido has it all.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

This restaurant was chosen from TA reviews, and even though on a cold wet Melbourne evening we had to walk a couple of blocks to get there it was well worth it.
Small and smart with an open kitchen it was warm and welcoming, and our waiter friendly and attentive.
The menu is reasonably small, but everything sounded great so it was still hard to make a decision. Between three of us we tried two different mains and two different desserts - all were excellent. There was also a small complimentary ' amuse buche' of pumpkin soup with anchovy which was very tasty. About $60.00 each for two courses and a glass of wine was good value in our opinion, and I hope to get back there again on my next Melbourne visit.