“A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!”

Ranked #381 of 4,618 Restaurants in Melbourne
Neighbourhood: Southbank
Neighbourhood: Southbank
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Came here New Years Day with family and friends (10 in our party)
There was a bit of a wait to get in but we were in good spirits, it was fine. Certainly worth the wait!
The restaurant looked great. Done out full American diner styley. It was very lively with a real buzz.
The waitresses were a delight and we were quickly served our drinks while we browsed the extensive menu.
I had never had proper smoked meat before so left the ordering to my experienced friend.
I started with loaded Nachos which were delicious and plentiful.
Main course was a mass of meat!!
We had a few shared plates which contained beef brisket, pork ribs, chicken, pulled pork and chicken sausage. It was all cooked to perfection and I absolutely loved the smokey flavour! Some of the best tasting meat I've had. I understand it's not everyone's cup of tea. My wife wasn't as keen but most of us thoroughly enjoyed it!
I just couldn't stop eating!!
It came with a selection of coleslaw, chilli and mac & cheese, which was all good.
We had a great relaxed night. One of the best I'd had on our 3 week trip.
Was reasonable too as food and drink for the night came it at around $50 (£30) per person!
If there was a similar restaurant near me in the UK, it would be my regular!
Top marks!

1  Thank gossyboy

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Love this place! The food is amazing, the service excellent and the prices are reasonable (especiialy considering the location) This place is a family favourite. YUMMY !

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

As you would expect it was very busy here on NYE and we didn't have a reservation. Still we were surprised at how well the place was organised and how quickly most if our food found its way to the table. The ribs were a bit dry but apart from that the rest of the meal was outstanding. The brisket was particularly good and you have to try their chilli. All up a very good night.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

First visit...the brisket was spot on the pulled pork a lil dry but the corn bread with the sauce it accompanied was fantastic. Not sure how it compares to the USA but the aromas were lovely...

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

We were looking forward to some good ol slow cooked meat feasting and initial perceptions were promoting with a friendly and cheery reception. The girls both had a pre dinner cocktail which was excellent. I ordered a two meat combo of brisket an ribs with a side of chilli and corn bread which came with 2 BBQ sauces: allegedly hot and mild. The hot sauce at best was mild and the mild sauce not a lot different. The brisket was a little dry and just O.K. The ribs not in the slightest soft and appeared not to be slow cooked. Quantity of meat was stingy. The corn bread was a little dry and crumbly. The chilli was definitely not slow cooked as the mince was also dry. In all had I been served this meal in an RSL or suburban pub I would have been happy with the food but still not the quantity. It was just O.K. but not up to Melbourne standards.

1  Thank O477
CrownRestaurantsGM, General Manager at San Antone by Bludso's Bbq, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Hi O477,

While I was pleased to read you received great service and enjoyed the pre-dinner cocktails, I was disappointed to learn that your overall experience with us fell short of expectations. I will ensure your feedback is shared with our Restaurant Manager for review.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for a more positive experience

Oliver von Brunn