“mr”

Chimek Chicken & Beer
Ranked #942 of 1,596 Restaurants in Perth
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Just passing by when I had a look at this place.
I ordered a Cajun style chicken with chips and salad.
Within 7 or 8 minutes the food arrived. The chips were very dark in colour. First taste confirmed they had been reheated,
possibly more than once. They were dry and tasteless.
The chicken was totally smothered in a very thick layer of almost tasteless batter. The salad consisted of one tablespoon of coleslaw.
I ate a few chips, tasted the chicken and in disgust walked out. Give this joint a miss. I cannot understand why people invest heavily in opening restaurants and then offer poor food and even poorer service- failure totally guaranteed.

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

Im not sure what all the top review is about. We decided to get 4 fried chicken wings and fries at Chimek franchise store . It so greasy and it has no taste. Once you bite into the outter layer then down to the chicken skin it so greasy . I think KFC or Chicken treat chicken would taste better . The fried chicken from Chimek seriously worse fried food i have ever encounter in my food adventure. I wouldnt recommend to anyone who even thinking of trying but on the other hand if you dont try it you will never know . Even a fried chicken in a malay store would better than this.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

I have fried chicken rarely. Maybe once a year. Was really hungry and found this place.

Lemon pepper chicken, boneless...

- crispy batter
- flavour
- moist chicken
- great chips
- hip service

I’ve had it 3 nights now. You won’t get better fried chook in Perth!!!

Reviewed 13 November 2017

We have visited both the Northbridge shop, and the stall in Fremantle Markets. Both offered very good fried chicken. It wasn't greasy, or undercooked. It had the perfect balance of crispy but dry batter on the outside, and soft juicy chicken inside. I opted for the Spicy New York sauce, assuming I could handle it. I was wrong. SPICY was the right word to describe it. I had tears running down my face by the time I was finished. Despite this, it was delicious, and I would strongly recommend visiting either of their locations. Slightly pricier than other options, but definitely worth it. You get what you pay for. Thumbs up.

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

The only positive really for these guys was the service was very good. Warm welcoming and friendly.

The chicken itself is ok 3/5 nothing special but not terrible. The honey soy was incredibly sweet and sickly and the chicken was swimming in the sauce. Buffalo was ok but not very spicy. It was fine.

The worst part was the mac and cheese. Honestly easy mac is better. It was flavourless, not very cheesey at all. Very disappointed.

Having walked past a number of times I wanted to try it out. But very disappointing.