“A top experience”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Perth CBD
Reviewed 30 March 2016 via mobile

I had an enjoyable evening here. The menu is fantastic! It is very difficult to choose what to get as it all seems really tasty. We settled on the mezze tasting plate, butter-milk fried chicken and a salad of green beans, freekah and pomegranate. The mezze plate was beautiful and came with a big serve of beautiful flat bread (I think house made?). The stand out on this, apart from the bread, was the halloumi and fig relish. The babaganoush had the most beautiful texture and there was a lovely smokey eggplant taste. The fried chicken was lovely. Crispy on the outside and succulent on the inside. For both the babaganoush and chicken a bit more seasoning would have been good - usually I wouldn't comment on this as I would just add a bit of salt myself but there was no salt or pepper on the tables. The salad was delicious so fresh and beautifully balanced in terms of flavour.

The vibe in the place was all abuzz! We received lovely, helpful service. If you get a chance stop in!

Reviewed 19 March 2016 via mobile

Let me just say that my wife is not a red meat lover and managed to finish my lamb entree! I hate gnocchi and finished her dish. Some of the best food I have eaten for a long while, friendly staff and quick efficient service. If you do not eat here while in Perth you have really missed out on something special.
Gotta eat here!

Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

We came here for dinner. What a wonderful restaurant! Very nicely decorated with a dark cosy feel. We had great service and great food. Bivouac does tapas with food made to be shared. The food came out quickly and the cocktails/mocktails were great. Would love to go back.

Reviewed 12 February 2016 via mobile

But when she we walked out of here, my wife said, ' I really enjoyed that.' We shared the mezze platter to start and had
a chicken pizza and a house salad between us and had plenty to eat.
All the food was loaded with very fresh herbs that just added to the flavours of the dishes. Went Friday night and it was very busy but we were accommodated very quickly and the service was speedy considering the number of clients.
Very enjoyable experience and worth the visit which is shown in my wife's rare reaction.

Reviewed 5 December 2015

Wasn't expecting this place to be so up market, it looks chic and clean, a wide range of clientele were dining there, however the food was absolutely amazing. We started with the mezze board - phenomenal. Not sure if it was the smoked dukkah on the hummus, the toasted bread, the queen olives or the amazing haloumi, but I could eat just that all day. Then the pan-fried gnocchi arrived.... holllly moly. Perfectly balanced, citrus-sauce (can't remember what it was called), pomegranate seeds, amazing. Partner had the 48-hr lamb neck - he was frothing because he loved it so much. Rich, but delicious. Drinks were up there too, had the espresso martini (which had hazlenut and butter liquers, I think), and an amazing gin and tonic. But even better than all this, the service was amazing. The two ladies who were taking care of us last Tuesday night were just lovely, and made the whole experience perfect. I look forward to going back.