“A lot better than last time”

Bivouac Canteen and Bar
Ranked #48 of 1,527 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Perth CBD
Reviewed 3 February 2018

I was reluctant to give Bivouac another go after my previous experience there but I must have hit it on a bad night. My friends had already booked and this time it was fine. It was Saturday night, rather frantic - but I thought the staff kept up with the demands - and the food was good. There was nothing we had to wait too long for other than the cheese at the end - just as well as we had a Fringe Festival show to catch.
The food is "Eastern-inspired", think Turkish as much as anything else, and the spiced goat kibbeh is especially good. We liked the Turkish sausage too, and also octopus.
This is a very popular Northbridge restaurant. It is not haute cuisine but generally it is good and worth a visit - if you can get in.

Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

We went for the deal where the chef brings you what he wants! We had so much food and the meals were absolutely amazing! The server laughed at us as we tried to eat it all, but struggled! Then they’d bring out more! Then beautiful deserts!

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

We had octopus and goat chops starters plus fries like never seen. It was sooo tasty and absolutely amazing presentation. Well done to the chefFair portions and quality produce!
Great selection of local and international beers!
Definitely come back again and recommend everyone to visit this place!

Reviewed 24 January 2018

This great local bar restaurant delivers delicious food and has a great wine selection. Every time I come here the food is fantastic with good vegetarian and gluten free options. Has a great relaxed atmosphere and I prefer coming for lunch for more attentive service. I sure hope they never remove the gnocchi from the menu!

Reviewed 21 January 2018

This restaurant came as a recommendation to my wife and we booked to share with another couple.

We were served by a very vivacious young lady who was very attentive and walked us through the menu.

We were totally overwhelmed by the variation of the flavours of the food and the quality. The food had a middle eastern basis but was flavourful and a totally different experience. We shared several plates and all were exceptional.

I would give it 11/10 but the only drawback was the lack of serving spoons. A small point, but otherwise it restores your faith in the Perth food scene after a couple of recent experiences.

It is well worth a visit to anyone who likes something a little different.

1  Thank Andrew L