“Fantastic Indian restaurant and what great service you get.”

Shehnai Tandoori indian
Ranked #228 of 1,732 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 21 September 2017

First time here at the shehnai and like another reviewer can't believe I have never been before and it's just round the corner from where I live .
Have to say the food ( we had butter chicken and chicken korma) was the best we ever had, the service was exceptional and I can understand why it's advisable to book being so busiy on a Wednesday night .
We were with a party of 10 and everyone said the same
From what I found out it has been run by the same family 17 years
The fact it is so good and so busiy tome says it all
Quality food consistent and good service will always win
Give this place a go. It's fantastic

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Can't believe we have lived in the area for 20+ years and never visited here before! Great little restaurant, very busy and packed to the rafters but that adds to the atmosphere of a great night. Service was excellent, our meals were out in a timely fashion even though it was so busy. Meals tasted lovely and plenty of it, we even managed to take some left overs home. BYO but bottle shop around the corner if you forget!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

Love Indian food back home but I'm told it's hard to find one in perth! My friends took me here and I wasn't disappointed!!! Obviously a different taste to the UK but still very tasty! Great large portions! Very nice curry sauce and the best succulent chicken I've had over here yet! Was a little weird listening to Spanish music but that's nothing to how great the food is! Onion bhajis cooked to perfection! We also had a lovely young waitress who was very nice and very well mannered. Will be returning when I return to perth in February!

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 2 April 2017

Had dinner here last night on the strength of these reviews. It is a small restaurant with tables literally jammed in so you are siting on top of everyone so no chance of intimacy and if you want a booth be warned some of them barely fit a sparrow so if in the 'larger' variety of people be prepared to be in a vice! Having said that the tables were clean and tidy and the place itself was decorated nicely and also pretty much booked out. We didn't have to long a wait for dinner but enough time to enjoy a glass of wine.
The wait staff were really excellent, cheerful and friendly and a credit to the place and my only niggle was when we ordered the owner? Manager? who took our order misinformed us on the entrees of the size and quantity so when it came out it was half the size we were expecting. Had we known we would have ordered two especially when we discovered how small the main servings were. The food though was absolutely delicious and we categorically would go back as we are very keen to try some of the other dishes. We also grabbed a TA menu so if we feel like a bit of intimacy we can have it at home :)
Would I recommend this place, absolutely as being forewarned on a few minor hiccups makes for an easy dinner.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank Jennifuz
Reviewed 5 February 2017

I live locally and didn't know that this restaurant existed until I found the reviews on Trip Advisor.
So three of us decided to try it for dinner. Our selection was onion bhajis, garlic naan, prawn malai, lamb korma, navrattan korma, raita. pickles and pilau rice.
Well what a pleasant surprise. It lived up to the reviews as the food tasted great and the vegetables used also tasted fresh.

People had commented on the corkage charge but I really didn't notice.

As to pricing, it is a little more expensive per dish than you would expect for Indian food but the taste warrants it.We will certainly return as we do like Indian that has excellent taste and not overdone with spices.

Date of visit: February 2017