“Hidden gem”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Tasty, expertly prepared food comes out of giant open kitchen. Very reasonably priced for the quality of food, ambiance and service. Staff extremely friendly.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

The menu reads differently but the food has many similarities to Nobu but I di not think the food was as well presented.
The tastes are good but the service and presentation needed more effort.
This restaurant was also difficult to find as the addess does not indicate it is on a below ground floor.

Reviewed 20 April 2018

This is one of the best dining experiences in Perth, 5th Avenue end of the CBD, lower ground level with outdoor sunlight gardena area, spacious, elegantly fitted out, superb maple tree feature at centre of dining room, ultra visible kitchen, swift service, strong wine list by Perth standards, extensive sake list, sushi, sashimi tempura and teppanyaki are a specialty at master standard and they are modern while retaining traditional authenticity; waiters are helpful, well informed and efficient, uncongested seating, sympathetic lighting and the owner is ubiquitous.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Being a huge fans of Japanese cuisine, whether cooked or raw, my boyfriend and I went to this cute little hidden gem with high expectations (considering that the majority of its reviews were so positive). While very full (due to some large group reservations) and despite some small lack of communication between the restaurant staff (regarding whether there was a table available outside or not) we were eventually seated at some nice and cozy seats facing the kitchen. We ordered some
Lovely cocktails but I felt that my Pink Berry was very week, if at all alcoholic. I strongly recommend the Hamachi Sashimi Jalapenio, Wagyu gyoza and the YAKIMESHI (garlic fried rice). I was not impressed at all by the Spiced Edemame (even though I am a huge fan of the dish generally) and the Vegetable Tempura (which I found to be bland and having too little dipping sauce). I outright recommend staying away from the Spider Maki. While it is usually one of my favorite rolls I found this one to have a peculiar bitter/ sour flavor.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

On a business trip and dining alone, this restaurant appeared attractive. After my meal and wine I let the waitress know I’d be popping to the bathroom and asked her to organize a Ron Zaccapa XO whilst I was gone, as there was NO BATHROOM on the premises. The waitress asked me to pay the bill upfront in case I ran off. Seriously. That’s what she said. I found this extremely embarrassing and unprofessional. The manager couldn’t have cared less. I feel as though this is a step down from the civilized dining etiquette extended intrinsicly to Sydney diners.