“Not bad, but would like to see more good Aususie wines”
Review of Jackson's Restaurant - CLOSED

Jackson's Restaurant
Cuisines: Australian, International
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Perth CBD
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Had the A La Carte. All my food choices were fantastic, memorable and would go back just to eat those again. However, not all my partner's choices were great - the duck was a little over-done and chewy. While the food prices were OK (around $45 for mains), the wines seem very over-priced for what they were - paying $60-80 for a bottle of so-so wine seems a little rich. Would have liked to see more good Australian wines on offer - it seemed that most of our good stuff, including Margaret River, was not available. The focus seems to be on European wines, and they certainly had some interesting varieties to try. The staff seemed very knowledgeable about the wines.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

My wife and I had the sensational degustation menu at Jackson's as recommended by a business partner. We were not disappointed. The flavours were delightful and surprising and the service was excellent. A lovely atmosphere and a deserved reputation.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

We celebrated a significant occasion and thought this was appropriate. Whilst the degustation menu compared favourably to the likes of Alure and Fat Duck, the service just did not carry it off. it may be a Perth thing, but attitude, the lack of engaging nature and attention were not there. Perhaps I was there on an "off night"...

Reviewed 31 May 2013

My husband and myself were treated to Jackson's to celebrate my birthday by our son and daughter in law and as we had not visited before we were unsure that to expect. The meal we had was by far the best we have had in Australia. The service was first class and extremely professional as well as friendly.
The meal in itself could not be faulted, each course (a la carte) was a delight to look at and tasted out of this world. This is a restaurant of the highest order and deserves the wonderful accolades it receives. It is not cheap, but worth every dollar to experience such beautiful food.

1  Thank Rosie F
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Went in November 2012, and was amazed buy the quality of food! We ordered the 5 course degustation & a serve oysters with matching wines. The Meals just kept coming! In the end we counted 10 courses, as they gave us a hand full of complementary dishes to taste.
Service was impeccable & food was fantastic. Will definitely go back & recommend to friends & family.