“Cozy and delicious”
Review of Sneaky Tony's

Sneaky Tony's
Ranked #5 of 35 Nightlife in Perth
Reviewed 4 December 2017

I have been here a couple of times and always enjoyed myself. It is quite dark and can get crowded but the Rum choice is great and the bar staff know what they are talking about so I always end up with drinks i like :) It is hard to find if you don't know where it is but that and the password is part of the fun - no? I will be back :)

Date of experience: November 2017
"secretive"
"expert"
"gems"

Reviewed 24 September 2017

We visited ST on a Wed night in September '17. Being a week night we didn't need a password and it wasn't busy at all - we had a group of 5 and there was only about 10 people inside the whole joint including us, so the atmosphere was a little dead, but on the positive side we were served instantly and the bartender had time to tell us about all the rums on offer.

ST is appropriately shabby as a prohibition speakeasy and, when you're inside, you do really feel like you've been transported back to the 20s.

The selection of rums on offer is out of this world. There had to have been at least 300 rums from 20+ different countries AND the bartender knew heaps about each one. We selected the ones pictured and all were fine choices.

Our bartender gave excellent service, made small talk, hooked us up with free peanuts and made us feel very welcome. He is a credit to the bar. He is also pictured.

My only criticism is the atmosphere. It was dead and the lack of music at a decent volume gave it a lackluster vibe compared to what I was imagining when I was waiting outside.

Overall though, I imagine it's a banging place on a Fri or Sat night and I wish I had experienced it in all it's hustling and bustling glory.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Sneaky Tony's is a hidden gem in the middle of Perth. It's located in an alleyway, it has no sign, and if you didn't know which door to knock you wouldn't find it. Getting in requires a password (hint; Facebook might help), and once inside you're greeted with a fancy and almost secretive atmosphere, a telltale sign for a great cocktail bar which this place definitely is.
I've tried the place's Old Fashioneds and they are probably the best thing I've ever tasted, and priced accordingly. The service may also take some time, but you have to stay patient to get quality. Overall the service is excellent, in other words friendly and talented and for the cocktail they serve I'm happy to pay a hefty tip!

If you wish to drink some quality cocktails, or are a fan of hidden gems I would definitely give Sneaky Tony's a go! I highly recommend the bar!

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Good concept but rude & arrogant staff.
Attitude of staff was like we should be so lucky to be there...kind a funny when there's plenty of other bars in Perth who know what hospitality means.

I guess when you bring a concept in from overseas one should be a understand the basics of the business first.

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank JonandBilly
See more reviews
Reviewed 13 August 2017

The first time I trieds to arrive here I was with my GF, but she asked me to bring her back to the hotel cause "she didn't feel safe" in those streets...
Even if I've visited several speakeasy around the world this is definitely one of the best hidden ever !

I then went just for a couple of cocktails on friday (early evening, about 5pm)... I found the door and used the password (see FB page or contact me for extra infos: I'm not posting here pictures not to take away the fun!) and I was finally in.

The place is quite big, but nice and warm. I had two good cocktails (an house-version of the Old fashioned and a "Black and forth"). They were both well prepared and they worth every cent.

The staff was polite and efficient.

I guess that the target of "Tony The Hat" is not that of getting in the top-50 bars in the world, but I believe that with some more attention to the details it would not be an impossible achievement...

VERY SUGGESTED PLACE !