“ Good night in very busy restaurant”
Review of The Royal

The Royal
Ranked #62 of 1,432 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

Restaurant was very busy but service was first class. Both our meals were excellent with the spaghetti marinara being exceptional. Restaurant is large and noisy so probably not a venue for the romantic dinner.

1  Thank kroe55

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

We went for dinner on a Thursday night, which I was looking forward to as I havn't been there before. Lovely restaurant and overlooking the water. We were greeted and offered menus and orders for drinks and a shared entree were taken. Chorizo and Turkish bread came out quickly and was quite nice. Then we were ignored for 30-40 minutes. They weren't busy as we got there at 6.15. We had to wave a staff member down to get another drink. The leftover entree plates and empty beer glass were ignored when the beer was brought to our table. No one came near us to clear the table or take our main meal orders. I even put the entree plates on the table next to us. Our table was a bit dirty so we moved to a clean table next to us. Finally a waitress came over and asked if there was anything she could get us. I said 'the bill and we will go and have main meal at another restaurant. Your service is shocking'. She laughed and said sorry and she was new. I said there is other staff here and no one came near us for 30-40 minutes and we had to wave someone over for another drink. She apologised again and i said it was not good enough. We had to stay to finish off my bottle of wine, as it cost $45 and that was the cheapest on the white wine list. I was disappointed not to have our main meal there, but after shocking service like that, well no service actually, I was not giving them anymore of my money. A few of my friends have eaten here and said it was lovely, which I'm not doubting, but we obviously went there on a night where staff couldn't be bothered working.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Hubby and I met family here yesterday for lunch. We are visiting WA for only a few days, having moved away from this very suburb 7 years ago.
I can't help but feel this place is not realising its potential.
The view is lovely and the service terrific but that is where the praise really ends. Too much fried food, not enough healthy, light lunch options (salad) and the atmosphere....non existent really.
Parking around East Perth has become problematic to say the least. 30 minute parking outside the Brasserie and Wilson's are committing highway robbery, charging $7 per hour in their carpark across the road.
This might explain why the Brasserie was over half empty on a Saturday afternoon.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

I visited the Royal last Friday for after-work drinks and dinner and it was relativity pleasant. Location is beautiful, right on the river and also really convenient as I only work down the road and train and bus access is close by.

The bar area was quite full but wasn’t too difficult to get a drink at the bar and a comfortable spot to sit down. We enjoyed drinks outside while the sun set, which was nice and relaxing. We later moved inside for dinner.

I thought the décor was a little bland and it seems quite spread out and empty inside. There is a large drinks’ menu and a couple cocktails I ordered (Aperol Spritz & Strawberry Caipirinha) were a little too sweet for my liking. Dinner also had a nice menu but I personally was a little disappointed with the meal (Tacos). It was good but nothing to rave about besides the chips. They were delicious.

With such an amazing location I would definitely return for drinks and hot chips but probably have dinner elsewhere.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

A casual drop in spot for a cheeky drink and pizza. Pizza was really simple in a good yummy way. Tried the buttered mu,led cider which was fragrant and delicious and it camd with pork crackle wnicn i wrapped up and took home for the pooch. I like this place. The only draw back is paying for parking, when you can eat at leederville, mt lawley or northbridge without stupid parkkng prices. Good to watcn tne small ferry too.