“Dinner with friends ”
Review of Shadow Wine Bar

Shadow Wine Bar
Ranked #72 of 1,547 Restaurants in Perth
Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

A small group of us went to dinner before a fringe show on a Saturday night. We were seated later than our reserved time. Excellent wine list. Courteous staff. We really enjoyed the food but portions are a bit small. I ordered the special pink snapper fish and only had 3 small filets on the plate with 3 asparagus spears. Everyone at the table agreed it looked quite pathetic. The halloumi with sesame and honey was good. The crab pasta and gnocchi were both delicious. We all enjoyed the atmosphere of the restaurant. Too bad they don't have a larger area for customers to have a drink while you wait for your table. We had to go across the street before our reservation.
But I will definitely go back again on a weekday evening.

Reviewed 10 February 2016 via mobile

I've been here a few times now and it's fabulous. It feels classy but it's still relaxed. The service is excellent, it's refreshing to see wait staff that know when to approach a table rather than interrupt a table in mid conversation. The food is fantastic, inventive, full of flavour and beautifully presented. Good wine list. The upper end of mid pricing - but worth it. Drinks or good, I'd go back in a second. Just fur the crab on potato crisp - mouth watering good

Reviewed 6 February 2016 via mobile

This place is good. The design is specious high ceiling and the whole thing feels great. The service is good really good and they know their food and what to recommend. The food itself is really really good. The little nibbles edit illy the raw ones and the cheese are a must. I had as main the seafood dish which was top notch.
I'm so coming back here when I'm in Perth again.

Reviewed 5 February 2016

Went here for a quick bite before a Fringe show.
Service is fantastic - some of the best I have had in Perth.
Wine list is really lovely and well-priced.
The main problem is the price of the food. As I was dining on my own I opted to forgo the 'small plates' and just order what I thought to be a main (called a plate). I ordered the Calamari with grilled peppers and lemon aioli I think it was. The portion was incredibly small, more like an entrée in a fine dining restaurant - and was charged $28.00 for it.
There were literally 5 small pieces of calamari, a few slivers of pepper, scattering of greens and aioli.
I really do not understand the portioning in Perth restaurants. If you are charging a premium price please give what it is worth. Calamari is not an expensive seafood.

Unfortunately, this undermined the obviously hard working staff.

Reviewed 1 February 2016 via mobile

Mr and I enjoyed Mr's birthday dinner at Shadow Wine Bar restaurant on Saturday night. It was as close to faultless as we have had in a while. A fantastic wine list, great variety of strangers / nibbles, and main meals that were to die for! We shared the olives & chorizitos to begin with. For mains we had the steak (fillet, perfectly cooked) & the confit duck leg (the BEST ever eaten with an incredibly refreshing radicchio and apple salad). The vibe and atmosphere in the front restaurant area is fantastic - surrounded by wine bottles against the walls & funky ceiling decor (you have to see it to know what I mean). Our waiter was a young guy, happy and friendly, helpful in answering questions and what we loved was that he didn't try to be a pretentious wine bar snob - he was courteous, professional but still fun and clearly himself. Loved the evening, highly recommend and would go back again.