3 people are viewing this hotel
US$563
Hotels.comUS$658
eDreamsUS$660
Lol.travelUS$793
All reviews heritage room wildflower restaurant bath salts state building cathedral square complimentary mini bar city room honey cake balcony room massive bathroom studio suite turn down service hotels around the world luxury hotel hotel experience wonderful hotel wonderful stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 October 2021

Having just checked out of this wonderful hotel, my wife and I were wondering how time seems to simply fly by so quickly. As mentioned by numerous other guest reviews, this hotel has many strengths but also a few unique quirks.
Our room on level 4 came with the advertised features so thoroughly highlighted by other reviews. The welcome bubbly, in room nibbles, heated towel racks/ flooring, comfy beds, fluffy sheets and 24/7 access to the gym and pool are things we will miss.
While all these hard products are of a high standard, To us, the gem of the hotel must surely be the staff. While we generally received genuine hospitality throughout our stay, outstanding individuals of the likes of Alice, Wen & Ellie from Post during the breaky and dinner service respectively and Charlotte from lunch service @ Wildflower were truly exceptional.
F&B directly associated with the hotel includes Post & Wildflower and Cape Arid which serves high tea. Petition and Long Chim have reciprocal payment arrangements where guest have the option of setting the bill there and then or sign it back to their rooms. Sue Lewis Chocolates and The Honey cake should have the same arrangement although I cannot be certain since I paid for my purchases in cash.
Quirks
1. Due to the fact there was only one actual key issued per couple, it actually meant that we had to accompany each other to the wellness centre (due to different treatment times) since guest are unable to gain access to their respective floors without the security chip embedded within the leather case tag which came together with the key.
2. As an early gym user, I found myself gingerly making my way across the wooden corridor hoping not to create too much noise and being a nuisance. Never really was an issue in other carpeted concrete pathways.
3. The shower in the pool area was open to guest of both genders. Swimmers wanting designated gender showers will be disappointed. There are also no combs or shower caps on both the days I used the pool. There is a mirror in the unisex toilet.
4. While most guest do not check in to a hotel like the Como to watch TV, the 32/42? inch flat screen seem to appear hobbit like against the stately and generous size of the room.
5. Removing the cap with a bottle opener to get drinking water from the glass bottle can prove to be an issue for guest with more nimble fingers. This presentation may be in keeping with the Heritage theme and/or addressing the issue of sustainability. I was going to suggest the filtered water dispenser option found in the gym as a possible solution. While it is sustainable, it may not suit the heritage style of the building and experience.
All in all, a quality stay with wonderful memories. Thank you to the staff for a wonderful break.

Room tip: Lower your blinds to rooms on the cathedral side on levels 2 and 3, watch out for the CCTV camera.
Date of stay: October 2021
1  Thank Rafflesia
Jesse Tibert, General Manager at COMO The Treasury, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2021

Dear Rafflesia,

Greetings from COMO The Treasury!

Thank you for the generous and thoughtful review here on TripAdvisor.

I will be sharing your compliments with the team in Post and Wildflower. I am most pleased to read you had a wonderful dining experience.

I do appreciate your constructive feedback, as it helps us review how to ever improve our service.

We look forward to hosting your next visit. Please contact me directly, as I would be pleased to assist with a reservation.

Reviewed 29 September 2021

My boyfriend and I stayed at the hotel for two nights to celebrate his birthday. Rooms and the hotel in general are beautiful and we couldn’t fault the design or cleanliness of the space. However, I was a bit disappointed he didn’t receive any amenities for his birthday when the hotel was aware of it. We didn’t expect a bottle of champagne but a cupcake can’t hurt when you’re paying $700 a night.
The pool area was another spot lacking that five star feel. The fact you can’t even order a drink from there and that there’s only five sun lounges for the entire 38 rooms hotel makes it feel more like a posh gym pool rather than a high end hotel.
In room dining breakfast took an hour on the second day because our order went missing and they day we ordered lunch to our room (then again, forget about poolside lunch) I received a different dish than the one on the menu because nobody seemed to bother updating the in room dining menu.
This hotel is a pretty face but there’s not much substance to it.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear munirc2021,

Thank your sharing your experience at COMO The Treasury with the TripAdvisor community.

It is disappointing to read your boyfriend did not enjoy the Honey Cake and birthday card placed in your room upon arrival, as a small gesture to celebrate. The team and I are always available to organise special amenities in advance, should you wish to arrange.

I will be addressing your helpful feedback with regards to in-room dining with my colleagues.

We hope to welcome you back once more, in an opportunity to create a truly memorable experience for you and your boyfriend. Please contact me directly should your travel plans bring you back to Perth CBD.

Reviewed 25 July 2021 via mobile

We only had the 1 night at the Como Treasury but it was fantastic. The hotel was immaculate and the staff were amazing looked after us perfectly. Will definitely stay here again but for longer. The room was more than we could have expected and very spacious.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jesse Tibert, General Manager at COMO The Treasury, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2021

Dear 653rossh,

Thank you for sharing you kind compliments from your recent stay at COMO The Treasury.

Please contact me directly should your travel plans bring you back to Perth's Historic Heart.

Reviewed 15 July 2021

The rooms are absolutely beautiful in the most exquisite building. The valet staff were amazing and so friendly and professional.
The rooms are different sizes and should be listed as such. We paid the same price as our friends and their room was so much bigger than ours on a quieter street and a much better room arrangement. When I questioned our room, the concierge told me, due to an old building the rooms were all different. That's not really good enough.

When my husband got up in the middle of the night the light of the robe next to the bed automatically turned on and woke me up. We couldn't find anywhere to turn it off.

We had breakfast at Post every morning and the wait for someone to take our order took over half an hour, then they forgot our pastries. this is a five star hotel and I think the service should be better

We loved our stay and would certainly return, however we'd choose a larger room.

Room tip: Ask the hotel for the larger rooms for your room level and on the quieter side of the hotel
Date of stay: June 2021
Jesse Tibert, General Manager at COMO The Treasury, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2021

Dear Deejthedog,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at COMO The Treasury with the TripAdvisor community.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed the service from our Front Office and Valet teams. I appreciate you sharing your feedback on room types. Our 48 guest rooms are indeed unique to one another. I would be pleased to assist with allocating the perfect room to your preferences. Please contact me directly should you wish to visit the State Buildings once more.

Reviewed 20 June 2021

Stunning building. Wonderful welcome. Amazing room. Stayed for four nights and I can confirm the COMO's reputation as the best hotel in Perth if not in Australia. Beautiful swimming pool and spa. Great breakfast, especially the omelette and a nice beer selection in the bar. Excellent all round.

Date of stay: June 2021
Jesse Tibert, General Manager at COMO The Treasury, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2021

Dear sillerymcgreery,

Greetings from COMO The Treasury!

Thank you for sharing your generous compliments on your recent stay with us.

The team and I are delighted your stay was truly memorable.

Please keep in touch should you wish to return for another wonderful stay.