Hotel Radhuskroen
Priceline
US$107
US$103
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 July 2016

Very nice cosy room, very friendly staff. The breakfast was a lust for the eye and stomach. I booked through the internet and made a mistake in the date of arrival. It was absolutely no problem, they just changed it and i had a good nights rest

Room Tip: Kamers aan de wandelpassage zijn rustig
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My partner and I were visiting friends locally and enjoyed a super dinner at reasonable cost. We stayed there some years ago for a party that was being held there - great food, service and awful rooms then, but I believe the rooms are now good. The welcome, service and food were certainly excellent this week, and our friends have booked for their wedding anniversary.

Room Tip: Didn't stay on this occasion.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2013

When we pulled up on our bikes after a long day on the trails we were not encouraged by the exterior of the hotel. An old hotel right on a busy street didn't look it offered a good night's sleep. But the owner ushered us in, showed us a comfortable room and offered a good meal at a reasonable price. I'm glad we stayed. Although the corridor is dark and dirty the room was clean if small and plain and in need of paint. The wifi was strong and there were plenty of outlets, even if one did hang out of the wall. The only odd thing is that there is nowhere to hang anything, not even a nail on the wall. But we really slept well and awoke just in time for breakfast of fruit, yogurt, cheese and meat. It is served in the dining room where we had an excellent dinner; roast chicken and a traditional casserole in a fabulous sauce. The staff was very helpful, finding space for our bikes and answering all questions. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2013

We have gone to Hotel Rådhuskroen for brunch a few times. The brunchbuffet is really cheap (the cheapest I have ever experienced) and the buffet has a variety of diffent food - from pancakes, cakes, wafles, and scramled eggs to fruit, sausages, bacon, and salmon.

The staff is friendly and the hotel is situated in the center of the city. Don't expect an organic breakfast... but you will definitly be completely full when you leave.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2012

A colleague of mine and I stayed at the Rådhuskroen Hotel during a recent visit Frederikssund for business purpose at the beginning of December 2012.

The first thing we could not fail to notice upon entering Frederikssund was the fact that all life seems to cease after 8pm!! Other than my Colleague and me, no other soul could be found roaming the streets. In the winter months after 8pm Frederikssund turns into a Ghost town.

Why is this fact of importance to me I hear you ask yourself, but consider this; the nearest airport is Copenhagen and even if you arrive at a reasonable hour in the early evening at Copenhagen airport, you still need some time to gather your luggage, find the rental car station and drive an hour from the airport to Frederikssund, making an 8pm arrival in Frederikssund, nothing extraordinary.

In our case, due to some fresh snowfall, we arrived at the hotel at about 20:30, only to be told, that the Kitchen of the Restaurant was closed. Our question to point us in the direction of any other Restaurant in Frederikssund that still would be serving food, was answered by the very friendly Staff with a “I am sorry, but there are no other Restaurants that still will serve food at this time of day anywhere in Frederikssund”.

To our luck, the friendly (and beautiful) female member of staff did not just leave us with this answer, but proceeded to find the owner, who also is the cook, to enquire if we could still have some food served. This request was answered positively and we where shortly afterwards served a simple but very tasty meal.

After the meal and a Night-cap, taken at the bar, we were shown to our rooms by the friendly (and did I mention; beautiful) female member of the staff.

The rooms where of adequate size, complete with an en-suite Bathroom, containing Toilet, Washbasin and Shower. The Room was decorated sparsely and contained two single beds, a desk and a TV with some Danish Channels. Free WiFi was also provided into the rooms.

Whilst the Room and the Bathroom where clean, there was a certain smell of Urine in the Corridor, which may come stem from some plumbing problems or the rather worn out carpet.

Whilst trying to find a socket to connect my Telephone charger to, I found that most of the Mains Sockets in the room and in the corridor where loose and hanging off the wall, showing in some cases blank wires!! Not a good thing!!

In stark contrast to the very beautiful maintained restaurant part, the rooms are definitive overdue a refurbishment. As mentioned, the corridor leading to the individual rooms has a fitted carpet that has seen better days a long time ago. This is a shame, as this leaves a feeling of un-cleanliness, whilst the Rooms are very clean.

Whilst taking a shower in the morning, it became apparent, that the Shower Head had been replaced; unfortunately with a version that was incompatible with the fixing on the wall, meaning one had to hold the shower head, as it would not fir in the fixing foreseen.

After a good night sleep, which definitively was NOT disturbed by any noise from the outside, we were greeted with a very elaborate Danish-style breakfast.

To conclude:

Would I stay at this Hotel again? Yes!! Absolutely!! (and not only because of the beautiful staff!!)

We where made feel so very welcome by everybody, that this alone will make us “overlook” the few things that could be improved and that is before we even talk about value for money, which this establishment surely provides!!

AMW