“Fantastic”
Review of Cafe Jafa

Cafe Jafa
Reviewed 26 February 2015

This little cafe - very warm and frinedly and located on the main road - offers the very best fish burger I've had in 20 years. A choice of fresh grilled fish and served on a toasted roll. Just excellent.
The coffee could be improved by being stronger - but no suggestions on improving the fish burger.
Many thanks.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We stopped here for breakfast with some NZ friends and I was encouraged to try the Kiwi delicacy of mince on toast, with a poached egg on top. It was very good but it was also a very small serving. In respect of some other reviews, the service was fine if a little slow.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

It is not a 5 star Auckland cafe BUT who cares .... It is small town NZ , It is nice to get back to what NZ is all about, causal, friendly, with no heirs and graces BUT really nice home made food....
Best burger I have had in a long time , let alone the cheese onion & pineapple toasted sandwich....
Do not know what the person from Auckland who did not like this cafe ..... is on about ....That,s right they are a real Jafa ....[For those who do not know what JAFA is short for is "Just another F...... Aucklander "

Just Enjoy Wairoa for what it is ........ Thanks guys for making us welcome to your part of NZ...

Reviewed 5 January 2010

While the service was not the high point of my brief experience here, it didn't get in the way of my enjoying my takeaway lamb and veg roast meal, which was mind blowing. The guy who appeared to be the manager, who took my order and ran the till, was an OK guy, and the woman who went back to get the roast meal was also friendly and had a nice smile, despite the fact that it was late in the afternoon and business was slow. After I ordered my roast meal, the woman went to the back of the restaurant to a buffet-type warmer to fill up my takeaway box, which might bother some people. Personally, I find that New Zealand lacks places that serve hearty, unpretentious food of modest presentation and good value, so this place was a real find, in my opinion. There exists a gap between the Speight's Ale Houses and your local fish and chips shop. My NZ$9 (tax included, I think it would've been NZ$12.50 if I'd eaten in the restaurant) roast meal was an excellent value.

Reviewed 11 May 2009

We stopped at the JAFA cafe in Wairoa for a coffee and panini. What a mistake! Rude service (the Manager shouted at me when I asked why my coffee had been sitting on the counter for 10 minutes) and half an hour to deliver a toasted Panini!
Even one of the locals came over and sympathised. I just said 'don't worry - I know a website where his cafe will be reviewed!'
Long live the power of the Internet!