Mount Eden Motel
Mount Eden Motel
Ranked #61 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

worst reception I have ever experienced. Not friendly at all. As for the motel it's self well where I do I start, very old 80's style everything right down to the sofa and still has the smell. Cold non free flowing shower. microwave was broken. carpet was unbelievable hazardous to human health. The only good thing I could point out was the new flat screen LCD's on the walls. P.s no more analog oval tvs anyway. To sum up my stay I would recommend a caravan park over this place and would avoid at all costs.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank William W

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

WARNING WARNING...AVOID AT ALL COSTS!! DO NOT BUY INTO THE GOOD REVIEW....they are probably the owners or there friends posting them up. Please do your homework before booking with this motel!!!

Absolutely horrible experience staying here. I would recommend that nobody book with this motel. Owners were very rude when we arrived with our sports team about who we had to room with. We were a female/male group booking. They had already received our money and demanded that we not stay in shared female/male rooms which was not possible as we had an uneven number of both men and woman. Then when our two management were to share a studio together (who were both males) again the reaction and behaviour from the owners was absolutely disgusting and rude.

Despite this we decided to stay as they had already received our money. We then went into our rooms and the smell was disgusting like mound and vomit, it almost smelt like someone had died in the rooms. We had to buy our own scented candles to try get rid of the smell, which had little effect.

The place is also riddled with ants. They were all through the rooms, bathroom and kitchen. We had 4 rooms all up and there wasn't a room that didn't have ants.

To top it all off, the last night we stayed the owners threatened to call the police on us because we were being too rowdy. It was about 10 at night, and all we were doing was playing games and laughing. Might I add there were no other guests in our part of the motel, and to be honest there were little to no other guests in the motel to begin with.

Not a clean or sanitary place to stay. The owners are far from friendly and welcoming and I would highly recommend that you do not book with this motel. The behaviour from owners was disgusting and the rooms just as bad!!!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Kereana H
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Disgusting accommodation. The rooms smelt like sheep trucks and I had to watch ants run around my feet in the bathroom. Broken and dirty furniture (see photo). Unfriendly hosts made the stay even worse ...
Avoid at all costs.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Hadyn B
Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

Great place don't listen to the other reviews, great Spar pool and swimming pool, room super clean very welcoming staff we will be back 110% rooms cleaned every day and when we had a added guest they did everything to help.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank josephssnz
Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

We booked this motel online after booking flights. The only information we needed was that it was close to where we needed to be to meet some people. The photos looked good, the price was great and it had free internet.
On arrival, we were greeted and settled quite quickly. I think it is owned and run by the owners, so a bit of a personal touch.
Just around the corner (walking distance) is Mt Eden Road where there are convenience shops, bars, restaurants and cafes.
The rooms are sparsely furnished but with enough amenities to be comfortable.
There is space to park your car. Reasonably quiet and close to most things.
If I came back would I stay here again? Yes, I would!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
4.4 km away
Econo Lodge City Central
Econo Lodge City Central
#51 of 66 in Auckland Central

Been to Mount Eden Motel? Share your experiences!