2,691 results
All reviews cruise ship fish restaurant bellini bar bow suite diamond member harbor view room new zealand ferry terminal maritime museum waiheke island corner room restaurants and bars buffet breakfast fantastic location long flight valet parking sky tower
Reviewed 16 May 2017

The hotel is a bit hard to find, at least for us, driving at night in a rental on the opposite side of the car and road from what I am used to in the US :), but its location on the waterfront is great. We stayed on points and were put into a room with corner views and a veranda to watch the sunrise. Arriving late, we were treated to a drink in the lobby and then we headed out into town to check things out. We only had one night since we were driving south the following day but we wanted to make the best of it. The breakfast was nice and in a sunny location. Lots of variety for different nationalities and good coffee. Service was nice and the breakfast was complimentary due to our status with Hilton. A short stay but we loved the modern property and would recommend to any traveler.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HIAKL, Acting Hotel Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2017

Dear Mike21NJ7

Thank you very much for recommending Hilton Auckland on TripAdvisor and it was our pleasure to welcome you to our waterfront hotel as a Hilton Honors traveller.

I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us, albeit only one night, however it sounds as though you definitely made the most of it, indulging in the ambiance of Bellini bar and starting the day with a nourishing and relaxing breakfast in FISH restaurant.

I hope we may see you back on future travels and thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Auckland.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

Choose a room closer to the sea with sea views. You could find yourself almost on a cruise. Very large and nice sized balconies. Good hospitable staff. Great location. Well done rooms. Nice weather. What more ?

Room tip: Choose a room closer to the sea with sea views. You could find yourself almost on a cruise.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
HIAKL, Acting Hotel Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Dear Piyush S

Thank you for sharing a review on TripAdvisor and I am delighted the 'City of Sails' turned on fine weather for you during your time with us.

We really appreciate reading your complimentary feedback regarding the experience at Hilton Auckland. Naturally, we concur with you, the hotel's waterfront location on Princes Wharf and the Waitemata Harbour views are unrivalled.

It was a pleasure to be of service to you and we hope to see you back on future travels.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

I took my daughter for a special night here to celebrate her turning 18.
We loved it from the moment we arrived, the doormen are fabulous, all the staff very are friendly and attentive.
The decor was nice and modern and the location is the best... wonderful views and so close to the restaurants etc or for a walk along the Auckland's waterfront.
We had a wonderfully memorable stay, thank you Hilton Auckland!
I will definitely stay again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear I6438HUpaulam

We are delighted you enjoyed a memorable stay at Hilton Auckland and thank you for sharing a review on TripAdvisor.

It was our pleasure to welcome you and ensure that your daughter's special birthday occasion was celebrated in true Hilton style.

Thank you for choosing to stay at our waterfront hotel on Princes Wharf. We look forward to seeing you back on future travels for another round of fun and self-indulgence.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

The most gorgeous and elegant experience ever! I felt like royalty and the staff were so kind! The room was stunning and the view was beautiful especially at night watching the city sparkle! I'm looking forward to my next excuse to head to Auckland just to get back to the Hilton! :)

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear 529brookep

Thank you for sharing your heart-warming and complimentary review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read your comments on your most recent experience at Hilton Auckland!

We look forward to welcoming you back on future travels the next time you travel to the 'City of Sails'.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

We came to the Hilton for one reason - to get some R&R and sleep away from the kids before baby 3 arrives soon.

This purpose wasn't quite fulfilled. On night one, because of the very soft pillows which meant neither of us slept well the first night. For night 2 we asked for firmer pillows which were duly provided. However that night was not restful either because of rowdy next-door neighbours who were talking and swearing loudly outside at 3am. Not the Hilton's fault, but the long open balcony along each floor on W facing rooms is a always going to be a magnet for drunken partygoers, and what's worse anyone from those nearby rooms can walk right past your windows at any time of day or night so you have to keep the curtains closed any time you are less than 100% dressed. Not ideal.

Probably the thing I am least impressed by was the "would-you-like-fries-with-that?" approach when I checked in. Having paid on Wotif, I was asked if I'd like a harbour-view room... had to enquire what they meant, and it meant if I paid $x extra per night we could upgrade. Next was whether we'd like to add on $x for breakfast. And then, would we like to pay $20 a day for wi-fi - yes, amazingly wi-fi in the rooms is NOT free in the Hilton Auckland.. unless you join the Hilton Honours programme, which we duly did for that purpose. All in all it was uncomfortable having these conversations about spending more money in front of other guests and my partner, I found it distasteful and I just wanted to get away from that front desk. If I had been on a honeymoon or something like that, I would definitely have felt pressured to open my wallet more and more.

Guests please be aware that even though the Hilton requests your credit card for an initial deposit, you will be charged 1.5% surcharge for paying with a standard credit card. Again, I find this remarkable.

In room, there is just one free movie channel - perhaps to encourage guests to spend money on pay per view movies? There does seem a recurring theme here...

On the positive side, the bed was large and the room bigger than I'd expected. Room service dinner came quickly and was enjoyable (there is a $5 surcharge per order) Facilities fine, although water leaks out of the shower box and all over the bathroom floor.

Overall we would not stay at the Hilton Auckland again given all the above.

Tip for guests - parking at the Hilton itself will cost $45 per day. Across at the Downtown carpark - a few hundred metres stroll - nearly 48 hours parking cost $22 over a Friday night, Sat and Sun morning.

Dear coralkiwi

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your feedback as it helps me understand where we do well and where we can improve.

I am sorry to note that some aspects of your stay on this occasion appear to have fallen below your expectation and that your overall arrival experience at check-in was less than pleasurable. I apologize that you were disturbed by the noise issues transpiring from the shared guest room balcony and am sorry for this inconvenience. Your feedback is certainly taken in the constructive manner intended.

Regarding credit card surcharge, this is a standard process across New Zealand hotels and I am sorry if this was not fully explained to you by the team at front desk.

Naturally, I am disappointed to note that you would not consider returning to stay at Hilton Auckland on Princes Wharf. Should the opportunity arise for us to be able to welcome you back on future travels, please feel free to contact me directly at E garry.lucas@hilton.com so that I may ensure your complete satisfaction.