All reviews club room atrium bar sky tower lions tour aotea square new zealand queen street pool and gym rooms are spacious room service good size buffet breakfast stayed for nights our honeymoon comfortable stay long flight car parking
Reviewed 1 March 2018

A great welcome and despite being very early the room was ready- which was a godsend after a journey from London. good pool heated and inside the hotel. Breakfast was very good. Great location downtown.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Prianka P, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Millennium Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Dear oilmanDorset_U_K,

Thank you for the kind words, I will pass on to the team.

Great to see so many 5 star reviews.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

We were very lucky to be upgraded to the suite which was absolutely amazing! We always book the club room so we can access the club on the top floor which is fantastic. The food, beverages and service was outstanding - we'll certainly be back!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear paulY9842Jl,

Thank you for the 5 star review, pleas do not hesitate to contact our reservations team directly for your next stay with us.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Arrived here after Sydney to Auckland cruise. The hotel is located on Mayoral Drive just outside the centre but within easy walking distance to the main shopping streets and the Sky Tower.

We rented a club room that allows access to the Club Lounge and includes breakfast. Breakfast can either be taken in the Lounge or in the Brasserie. The Lounge serves a continental breakfast but you can order your cooked breakfast to be delivered at a specified time. On the first day I had the full cooked breakfast which is the most food I have ever seen on a single plate. As far as I remember there were 2 fried eggs, 2 pieces of toast, 2 hash browns, 2 sausages, both streaky and back bacon, spinach, mushrooms, baked beans (home made with different types of beans not just out of a can) and tomatoes. As this was more than I could manage I settled for Eggs Royale the next day which was also excellent.

The Club Rooms are spacious with 2 double beds and a large bathroom with a bath and separate shower. The rooms were clean and well maintained; when we pointed out that one of the curtains had come adrift at one end it was fixed the same day.

The staff were fantastic and were enthusiastic and helpful. This was true of every single person we dealt with. Club Lounge staff were friendly and the atmosphere in the hotel was fantastic.

Overall I strongly recommend this hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Leslie,

Thank you very much for the kind comments.

The team at Grand Millennium Auckland always strive to provide excellent service and it looks we were able to during your stay.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

From the minute I entered the lobby, I was greeted with friendly smiles. The hotel is clean, beds were heavenly and I couldn’t wait for breakfast in the mornings. Yum.
When I visit nz again, I’m defiantly staying at the grand Mel again.

Room tip: Pool is on 4th floor. No noise on 12th floor where I stayed.
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear dmlbrown,

Thank you for the review, always great to see the 5 stars!

Reviewed 28 February 2018

The hotel is very handily located to the centre of the city but also easy to get onto the motorway. The price was pretty reasonable for hotels of that standard and location in the centre of Auckland's lively downtown. Great staff, nice rooms, and good facilities. Breakfast was average but reasonably priced. Rooms are very quiet and well curtained, ideal for sleeping in after an international flight!

Room tip: Head for the top if you can
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear RobinFGriffiths,

Thank you for taking time out to provide feedback on your stay.

We are currently reviewing our buffet breakfast product, if there was something specific that you felt could be improved to make the buffet better value I would really like to hear from you. Please contact me directly at hotelenquiries.gma@millenniumhotels.co.nz .

Executive Assistant Manager