2 stays in March / April 2012. Very efficient pick-up from the airport. Check-in on the first stay was chaotic (we had reserved club rooms and I think that they wanted to check us in in the rooms but it didn't seem anyone had talked to the reception staff) - it worked better second time around.
Rooms were spacious but bathrooms are getting a bit dated. The pool and gym are very good.
Dinner at Barolo was not cheap but well cooked and fair value.
Breakfast in the Club lounge was good - fresh fruit and a limited cooked offering that was fine.
There appeared to be consistent difficulties with communication between departments over things such as check-out times and return airport transfers but issues were quickly resolved - it would be nice not to have to though.
Overall a good base for short stays in Auckland. Staff all very friendly and helpful
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 5-star luxury Auckland hotel in Auckland's CBD offers: 409 rooms and suites* Dining at Eight restaurant and Palm Court* 24hr business centre* Free Wifi* Spacious meeting & banqueting facilities* Central CBD location* Luxury sedans available for airport transfers & sightseeing* Complimentary inner city shuttle service to waterfront* 24hr room service* Chuan Spa luxury Day Spa* 24hr fitness centre* Heated outdoor pool plus sauna and Jacuzzi* Walking to distance to Auckland city attractions including museum, art gallery, shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Langham, Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham, Auckland New Zealand