“Lively Service”

The Lobby Lounge at Cordis Auckland
Ranked #116 of 2,360 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Contemporary, Bar, New Zealand
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Welcome to our elegant Lobby Lounge, where every occasion is special. Choose from a delicious a la carte breakfast, lunch and dinner menu, complemented by an extensive selection of fine teas and coffees, local and international wines and beers and a tantalising cocktail list. Indulge in our signature High Tea by Cordis - an exquisite array of handcrafted sweets, pastries and fluffy scones served on our elegant fine bone china. Our Tea Sommelier will help you choose the perfect blend to match your tea time treats or indulge in a glass of Louis Roederer Champagne for the ultimate celebration. Reservations are recommended for High Tea and dinner.
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Called in for a quick meal. Great welcome and shown to a table. Given a newspaper and the wine list. Lovely generous pours. I ate where I was and really enjoyed the schnitzel with anchovies, capers and lemon. Will go back.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Beautiful presented location, with staff to match. We only had drinks here, but im sure the food will be just as good!

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Lovely surrounds in the lobby area of the Langham Hotel. While it's in quite a prominent area it's surprisingly private as we sat enjoying our afternoon beverage. We ordered two cups of tea that arrived as two pots of tea. Served in lovely china and wait staff poured the first cup for us. Felt slightly hurried out which was unfortunate as there were many other empty tables. We then couldn't find any staff to settle our bill. This aside, a lovely (but $$) afternoon venue for a catch up with a friend.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I have walked past Palm Court at the Langham many times in the past and thought it would be a cool thing to try out the afternoon tea there one day. Finally I had a rare free Saturday that enabled me to have the afternoon tea there with a few friends.

The area that the afternoon tea was not big. The decoration is classic. The table layout was good.

The waiter who served us explained about the different menu. We could have 2 types of drink but there is no refill for the food.

When the tea came I felt it was not hot enough. On checking the tea pot, I could see no tea leaves in the pot. The tea leaves were obviously taken out after preparation or the tea was poured from another utensil.

The tray of food came quickly after. One tray was shared between 2 persons. The variety of the food served was an interesting mix but they were mostly cold or luke warm. Even the scones were not as warm as I expected it to be.

The ability to try out two different drinks was a great offer. I tried out one "hot" tea and one cold tea. They were just the right amount of drink to go with the food. The quality of the tea was excellent.

Overall the afternoon tea is a worthwhile way of spending a sedate afternoon with friends. It costs more to have the afternoon tea on the weekends. I guess it is because more people would go for the afternoon tea during weekends than weekdays. Other than that the waiter who served us could exude a bit more warmth in service perhaps?!

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Had the high tea for the first time in a couple of years and I was shocked at the decline. All items were served Luke warm or cold. The goats cheese, which I usually love tasted rancid and completely ruined by the salty taste. The flavours of the dishes didn't complement each other. The highlight was the rhubarb and ginger jam. Enough said, really.
We also rang three times about valet parking and were told it was available, only to find they don't do valet for high tea although they kindly sorted it for us (reason for getting any rating above terrible).
I would guess the quality control has slipped as this is no longer a decadent treat, but an expensive way to get an upset tummy. I blame the goat cheese or the warm room temperature salmon. Didn't eat all the high tea and when I got home, I vomited some of it up!