“busy but great food”

Republic Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #686 of 2,353 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Reviewed 17 July 2017

busy and great food. Wondering what was all the excitement outside.

A big vaping flask! Service was great as well.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

The food here always seems to be good. Vegetarian option was very nice, not a huge meal but very tasty. Typical pub atmosphere, and it can be a little noisy, but there are tables right at the back which are a little quieter

Reviewed 30 March 2017

I organized a work dinner here and was very disappointed with my lamb salad. I have had this salad many times before which I enjoyed but tonight it was drowned in balsamic dressing and all I ate was the salty lamb, so $21 for 7 bits of lamb. I gave feedback to the waitress to pass on to the chef, I didn't feel like my feedback was taken seriously which is why I asked again when I paid the bill if my feedback had been passed on. I won't be organizing any more work lunches/dinners here.

Reviewed 28 February 2017

We stayed right across the road so we thought we would check this out.

Drinks - Drinks were cheap and tasted nice, the cocktails were amazing and cheap during happy hour.

Food - I had the BBQ ribs and they were some of the best ribs I have every had, the meat fell off the bone, couldn't really fault them. My partner had the nachos and said they were great.

Staff - The staff were very friendly and helpful, took our order at our table and asked us if we needed anything every 15-30 minutes.

Overall - I would eat and drink here again

Reviewed 14 February 2017

This is a great location - close to the mall and the movies but not in it. Good free parking close by. We had prime rib and ribs, and both were really good. The service was friendly and genuine, and was quick enough to get us to the movies for the start. All in all, a good experience.