So many things... Let's start with a positive:
The owners were lovely.
Now - we stayed in a family unit downstairs.
- half of the lights in the ceiling/walls didn't work so they had lamps everywhere, it was like being in a cave with a power cut!
- the toilet was FILTHY, as were the skirting boards, window sills etc, window sills had mould on them.
- one of the beds was so soft you could visibly see the sink hole in it and was actually unusable to sleep in
- we were the only car in the car park and had parked not quite in a park just to unload the car and get our baby out, came back minutes later to a note in the car telling us to park properly which was really rude!
- the whole downstairs hallway smells of damp, or God knows what but horrible anyway
- carpet was threadbare (my baby made a good game of pulling and picking at the threads!)
- so, so, so noisy! We could hear every word of the conversation coming from the next room, banging and footsteps from above and road noise (expected in Auckland, so can excuse that part)
To be honest there was probably more but I've forgotten, i have to say this is probably one of the worst if not the worst motels I've ever stayed at. Created an account here solely to review as I never have before!
We've stayed at this motel a number of times over the years - usually in the upstairs renovated units and while its dated it's always been clean and manageable.
Great location and free wifi was good but unfortunately I will never come back! Sad as this was always our favourite place to stay when we come to Auckland.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Parnell Pines Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parnell Hotel Parnell
- Parnell Hotel Auckland
- Parnell Motel Auckland
- Parnell Pines Hotel Auckland, New Zealand