“Great atmosphere and yummy tapas”
Review of Vivace

Vivace
Ranked #54 of 2,429 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Price range: US$8 - US$23
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Vivace Restaurant and Bar is one of the best inner city restaurants Auckland has to offer. The environment is lively, offers a warm ambience with excellent table service, a superb wine list and a menu which caters for diverse palates.The food is always of a high quality. Vivace’s food is unmistakably Italian and Spanish. We offer a full al-a-carte menu and for those wanting a more casual approach to eating, Tapas are available throughout the day.
Reviewed 20 December 2016

Very enjoyable tapas meal here complimented by delicious cocktails. The service was great, the food was delicious and there was a large variety of tapas to satisfy every diet whim of the group. Great selection of cocktails (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and wine offerings by the small glass, large glass and bottle. Easy to access from Victoria St carpark. Lively atmosphere.

Steve M, General Manager at Vivace, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2016

Hi Milly F,

We are all glad you had a great time.
The good thing is we have plenty of Cocktails and Tapas on offer so look forward to looking after you again soon.
Have a fantastic Xmas, New Year.

Reviewed 16 December 2016

Quite surprising to go through the small discrete entrance up the stairs to find such a nice, open, warm ambience; polished wood, an excellent wine list and great staff. The tapas-stype entrees were fantastic, the mains were very good (and difficult to stop eating, so go light if you want to have space for dessert as they are very substantial).

Hi Anthony M,

Thanks for the kind words.
I hope we get to look after you on another occasion soon.
Have a great Christmas

Reviewed 10 December 2016

I went to Vivace for the first time last week with some girlfriends for dinner. We didn't really know what to expect and certainly from the road you literally are none the wiser as the restaurant is upstairs and through some curtains. The spacious room at the top of the stairs was quite a surprise and the place was heaving with other patrons all having a great time. The menu was stacked with so many great choices that it was almost hard to narrow down what to have but all four of us thoroughly enjoyed our meals. The service was great and in spite of how busy the restaurant was our meals came out very promptly. If I had to be really picky I would say the only downsides were that it was pretty noisy and we sat out on the covered terrace (which was nice) but the table we sat at was more casual than fine dining. Interestingly, although the website publishes the menu and lists G,V,D guidelines for those of us with dietary restrictions, the paper menu in the restaurant had no such guidelines which would be a helpful and necessary addition in this day and age where so many people have to be careful about what they eat. I also thought my meal (vegetarian roasted herbed mushrooms with potatoes and peas) was way overpriced at $34 since the cost of those core ingredients had to be less than $10. However, I certainly wouldn't hesitate to return to try something else out from their prodigious menu!

Steve M, General Manager at Vivace, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2016

Hi Keitha,

Thanks for your feed back and I am glad you had a nice experience.
With our menus, we do have allergy menus printed and when you are in next just ask the lovely staff and they will provide one straight away.
With the size of the restaurant and the high ceilings, the people noise is very hard to manage. Especially in this crazy Xmas season where everyone wants to let their hair out and have a night to remember.
I am sorry that you didn't think the Main course was value for money and I have passed on your feedback to make sure the right amount of ingredients were used.
Have a fantastic night and we hope to look after you again soon

Reviewed 8 December 2016

I enjoyed the duck. Excellent choices . Great tapas. Attentive staff. My colleagues also enjoyed Tender steaks. There was a good selection of desserts.

Hi mhan032,

I am glad you had a great night.
Hopefully we see you again soon, so you can try a few more dishes.
Enjoy your week.

Reviewed 22 November 2016

I recommend you visit in a group so you can get to see and taste as many of the tapas dishes as possible. We were two. My daughter ordered two veggie options and I went with a meat and fish, all four dishes from the hot tapas menu. My chicken/chorizo paella balls could have done with a bit of chilli (but that's a personal preference) while the squid was delicious. My daughter's goat cheese balls were a huge hit and we both loved the parmesan mushrooms. Added dessert and wow - that apple crumble cheesecake!

We were very "under dressed" enroute to the powerstation for a rock concert but were welcomed nonetheless. The staff are very welcoming and friendly, just the right amount of attentiveness.

I fully intend to return to make more of an evening of it when next in Auckland for leisure. The only problem is where to stick to exploring tapas dishes or to move to the more substantial mains.

Hi Michael W,

I am glad you visited us before your concert and I hope they put on a good show at the power station (I love that venue).
We would love to see you back again, and I think you are best to just see how you feel when you get here and perhaps try another great selection of Tapas. Who knows you might feel like 200gms of Eye Fillet cooked just the way you like it when get here.
Have a fantastic week