“Great food and service”

Frida Cocina Mexicana & Tequila Bar
Ranked #563 of 2,428 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went with a few girlfriends for Friday lunch. Very good service and with a smile food also measures up. No lunch special so seemed expensive but we all felt like it was well worth it and great location would return.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

My lovely wife and I dropped in for lunch and were fortunate enough to be seated outside on a table in the sun, which on a winters day was very pleasant indeed. I chose the chicken enchalada which was superb, and came in a delicious tomato sauce. The shredded chicken combined with other delicious ingredients and was just what I wanted. Both the waiter and waitress made sure we were happy with our food and provided tap water as soon as we asked. My wife chose three tacos, one of which was cactus which she particularly liked. The waitress, Angelica (Angie) was very friendly and made us feel very welcome. The total cost of $58 for 2 mains and one delicious soft drink was good value for money for any restaurant at the viaduct. Sitting in the sun was a real treat. Thoroughly recommended!

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Great service, food and atmosphere. Loved that we arrived in ‘Happy Hour’ - the classic Margaritas were amazing! Would come back for them alone! Would have given it a 5, but have the Mexican food in California as our benchmark. Not sure how you book at last minute. We rang, and rang, and tried Messenger too. Luckily we got a table straight away when we walked in. Parking was cheap and easy in the Downtown Carpark, within easy walking distance . We will be back!

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Was looking forward to Mexican food since really none where we live. Food was ok. Needed more flavour. My chicken burrito was mainly rice. :( the enchiladas were ok as well. We had the chorizo queso dip as an appetiser and this was good, but the cheese solidified pretty quickly. I had a virgin margarita and it was very good.
Great location on the water. Very kind and accommodating staff. Fast service. I would try it again but try different dishes.

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

Great location. Good food which is not only delish but affordable, my favourite was the ceviche and chicken enchilada. Awesome selection of tequila and the staff was on to it and very knowledgeable.