Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$68
Booking.comUS$69
PricelineUS$69
Official Hotel SiteUS$69
CheapTicketsUS$68
FindHotelUS$68
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 December 2020

It was pretty cheap. The bed was warm and comfortable. In the evening the room was quiet after the neighbouring restaurant closed. Their was new aircon, which could make the room very cold, but this stopped working on the 2nd night, and couldn't be fixed.

Disliked · A bit like Fawlty Towers, the formerly le Grand Hotel is far from it. However it was very cheap to stay in. They had nice new aircon, but this didn't work on the 2nd night and couldn't be fixed.
I paid extra for a car park, which was never available when I arrived back at the hotel. I had to checkout without speaking to a staff member as no-one was at the counter. I returned later for a printed receipt and when I asked for a refund for the parking fee they refused as it was too late and I should have sorted it out when I departed. I didn't pursue this as it didn't seem worth the drama.
The room was extremely noisy while the surrounding restaurants are open. This must surely be a problem in the weekend when restaurants are open later. The room sound reminded me of being in a cruising plane.

Room tip: As k for a room away from restaurant exhaust fans
Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank rotoruatumuaki
Param HCO, Guest Services / Front Office at VR Hamilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2021

Dear Valued Guest,

I hope this notes finds well. We have sent your feedback to the personnel concerned. I apologize for this bad experience. This is very disappointing to hear, but we hope you give us another chance to make it up to you. Please let me know if you want to discuss this personally.

Param

Reviewed 24 October 2020 via mobile

Stayed one night on 22 Sept. Got no sleep due to the goings on in the next door room. Loud rap music from 10.30 pm - 2 am and then loud voices and terrible noises from unmentionable activity until 4 am. Reception closed at 11 am so there was no one to sort out the situation.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Gracedowns
Param HCO, Guest Services / Front Office at VR Hamilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2020

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such candid feedback of your stay. I am very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet expectations. Please email us with a phone number or email address so our Hotel Manager can discuss your issues personally.

Front Desk Team

Reviewed 19 October 2020

Excellent service and friendly staff moreover the location of the hotel is the best to stay as it is located in the of the heart of Hamilton city, had best experience of staying and most of the best places were located at the walking distance from the hotel

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Param HCO, Guest Services / Front Office at VR Hamilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2020

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we are glad to hear that your stay with us was a memorable one! We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 28 September 2020 via mobile

Beautiful Victorian style building in the center of town good food options around and great for weekend as bar's are just steps away, room was big and Clean and great on site parking, highly recommend.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for the wonderful review, we truly appreciate your business and your trust in us. We are very happy to hear that our staff and service met your needs and expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 28 September 2020

We stayed in Superior Room when we visited Hamiton. The room was very spacious and lovely. I was very impressed by its old style furniture and decorations. The bathroom is huge and clean. Also, the hotel's location is very convenient with its own parking in CBD. We also found out how historical the hotel was when we stopped by the Waikato Museum, which is really cool. Will come back again when we visit Hamilton next time.

Room tip: Pick a Superior Room to have more space.