All reviews little piece of paradise lovely hosts fay isolated cabin facilities noise bay wifi
Reviewed 7 September 2016

Waipatiki Beach is the perfect place for a getaway. We only went for a long weekend, but I am sure you can entertain yourself for a week when there. The cabin has a nice view on the beach. Although the beach is small, its kind of cozy and enjoyble to just look and see the waves coming and going. On a beautiful day you'll also have a splendid view on Napier. There are plenty of nice walks in the surrounding areas, either walk along the sea or climb one of the hills for a spectacular view.
The Holiday Resort is over-all clean, although it could've been cleaner. So I'll rate the cleanliness with a 3. The reception is friendly, we arrived at 10:00 in the evening and were still helped.
I'll definitely visit again.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

We are a young family that wanted to start a family summer holiday tradition. Spent our first year at waipatiki in dec 2015. Was such an amazing place, so much to do. Cruises little holiday park with such friendly people everywhere. We have already booked again for this year.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

The reviews in my travel guide of the beach looked promising. We came down on a lovely sunny afternoon and wow! The camp ground is cute and well positioned. It must be fabulous in summer. All the facilities are nice and well maintained. We stayed in a camper van but the cabins look rustic and interesting.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

This was our second visit to this camp site, I refrained from leaving a bad review before going back one more time.
Last time we were told off for laughing too loud at 10.15, all noise must cease it seems after 10pm.
You expect at a campground there to be a bit of conversation/laughing noise at a full campground, which is why we weren't too bothered by the group not far from us doing just that. We overheard them being threatened with eviction and the police. They were not even close to being loud and didn't even have music on. Maybe if it was after midnight but they had been threatened with policec well before that!

I really struggled the first day with coal burning in the bolier room and blowing over our site the whole time.

Kitchen is clean but quite cramped, showers could be slightly cleaner.

They have a really good rubbish /recycling set up.

Very close to the beach which was really nice. And a cool creek the kids had fun fishing and eeling in.

All in all I doubt I'd bother coming back, we were with another couple and their kids and after 10pm the managers go for a walk around to make sure everyone is being quiet. No thanks, my bedtime is not 10pm when I'm on holiday and this is the only campground I've ever been to where you actually feel like you might get told off.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
9  Thank Travellingkavs
Reviewed 5 February 2016 via mobile

This is second time stay here. First time in a kitchen cabin( last time we tented). Very clean and everything we need. Cabin big enough for us of 2ad and 2 children. Good share bathroom facilities and family room. Plenty to do, walk to beach, play the estuary, walks. Will be back again.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family