“Not good”
Review of Kelly’s Cafe

Kelly’s Cafe
Ranked #3 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Paihia
Reviewed 13 August 2018

We wanted a quick bite to eat before an afternoon tour, and this place looked fine. One of the specials for the day was beef stew. The server highly recommended it. What we got - for $12 - was some canned vegetable soup with 3 small (like the size of a matchstick) pieces of beef. I like Campbell's soup, but this was not beef stew, and for that price, should have been much better. It look quite awhile to heat the soup, and even longer to get our check. Really, nothing to recommend about this place.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank dawn h

Reviewed 8 August 2018

If you're looking for a good sized homely meal at a reasonable price - this is the place. Nothing fancy, just good food and coffee.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 23 July 2018

we just got to paihia and were looking for a feed found this place signposted it was in a suppose you would call it a small lot of shops off the main streets just across from king wahs.they do roast meals with all the fixings i had pork mrs had lamb half size as her stomach is smaller than her eyes! the food was delish.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

We stopped here after doing the dolphin cruise to get a bite to eat. I thought the panini was really nice... fresh and tasty.
The coffee I had was also very good.
A nice spot for a snack in a beautiful town!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

A woman took our order who I'm guessing was Kelly, providing the absolute worst customer service I've ever received! Very unfriendly and it just felt like we were bothering her. Ordered a sandwich and asked for all the fillings however she told us no the sandwich is to small to fit 5 fillings in and then sent my order before it was finished without even asking. Also not even any avocado in stock. This was a $9 sandwich the size of my hand. The guy that made it was lovely however I'd never go back, as soon as I started my order I wanted to leave. I can only eat limited gluten for health reasons and overheard them taking the mick out of it. In the back ally for a reason. Good idea huge let down

Date of visit: April 2018