Tanoa Paihia Hotel
US$79
Outrigger Motel(Paihia)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$77
Kingsgate Hotel Autolodge Paihia(Paihia)(Great Value!)
US$53
  • Pool
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$60/night.

US$117
US$110
Agoda.com
Aloha Seaview Resort Motel(Paihia)(Great Value!)
US$51
US$43
US$101
US$96
Priceline
Casa Bella Motel(Paihia)(Great Value!)
US$50
Hotels.com
Bay Cabinz Motel(Paihia)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$62
Agoda.com
Scenic Hotel Bay of Islands(Paihia)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$62
Priceline
All reviewsbudget hotelwalking distance from towntea coffee making facilitieslovely hotelbeds were comfortableharuru fallsensuite
Reviewed 19 May 2015

Book this hotel for 2 days, the guy at the reception is very friendly and helpful (Kanish), but Duty Manager "Shirley Mosbey" was really rude and keep a close watch on all the guest, (I felt that way), She completely ruined our holidays...I never visit this hotel please pay bit extra and go somewhere else where you can atleast use all Hotel facilities and no body rude with you when you use them,

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank 403ruchits
socmed, General Manager at Tanoa Paihia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2015

Dear Reviewer

I apologise if you feel you weren't treated with the courtesy that all Guests deserve and usually receive at this hotel.

I note that your complaint is not about the hotel but about an individual and it would have been helpful if you had brought this to my attention while you were here. I certainly would have dealt with it immediately.

Your review commends one staff member and discredits another and, I am aware that your group of 15 made full use of, and enjoyed our facilities like the jacuzzi, pool table and lounge, on which basis your intro and comments would seem to treat the hotel and all it's other staff members in exactly the same way that you feel you were treated, rather unfairly.

I wish you to know that I have dealt with the issue of your concern.

Reviewed 10 May 2015

I stayed here with my Topdeck Travel tour group and I was pleasantly surprised. The beds were super comfortable with a very clean room and bathroom with all the amenities that were needed for a two night stay. The pool and hot tub area was small but lovely and relaxing in the sunshine, although the pool was incredibly cold! The breakfast included was continental but you could pay an extra $5 for a cooked breakfast. It was a ten minute walk to the main street of Paihia which was pleasant. I loved Paihia as a small coastal town, definitely worth a visit!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
TanoaPaihia, General Manager at Tanoa Paihia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2015

Dear Katie

Thanks for your comments regarding the Hotel and the Paihia area generally. Naturally we love the Bay of Islands and what it has to offer travellers and, we are especially delighted to host Top Deck Tours and have been doing so for a number of years now. I hope future travellers will note your comments.

Reviewed 7 May 2015

My wife and I went to Paihia for a two day, two night, break from the family and work. We got a great deal when the owner matched a Grabone deal that was operating at the same time. We spent most of each day doing the tourist thing and our evenings at restaurants so not having a kitchen was fine. The room was well set out with plenty of space in the bathroom/toilet and the beds were wonderfully soft. Found the staff excellent and friendly. Our room was up the hill where the parallel parking was a bit cramped and we had to walk up a couple of sets of outdoor stairs but it made up for it by being very quiet and we had a lovely view over the local neighborhood and small gully Tanoa is nestled in (it is about 500 hundred meters inland from the beach). The family next to us enjoyed the outdoor pool and spa pool but we didn't get time to try it for ourselves. All in all we had a lovely relaxing stay.

Room Tip: There is very little free parking in Paihia so leave the car and walk into town (about a 5 minute walk).
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer

We are always happy to hear from Guests who have enjoyed their stay with us. We get thousands of travellers here each year who enjoy the beauty of "The Bay" and we hope you can find the time to stay again in the future.........contact me directly.

Your "Tip" is spot on - leave the car in the hotel park when you take any excursions as we are in walking distance of everything and parking downtown is limited. We even allow Guests to leave vehicles here after check-out if they are heading into town for the day.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 5 May 2015 via mobile

Our 2nd stay here. Both times have met our expectations. Rooms are a good size, beds are comfortable and both times we have been it has been very quiet to stay. Walking distance from the main strip of Paihia, handy if u want a few drinks

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

It's great to hear that you returned from Oz to stay a second time with us. Returning Guests are the best recommendation any property can receive and we hope we will see you again in the future. Do let me know before you book.

We remain "good value" accommodation, our weather is warm (in summer) and our beer is cold.

Reviewed 2 May 2015 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed this hotel, it is a short walk into town where everything is, the rooms are well presented and comfy including a nice shower
.... It wasn't too expensive neither so definitely get value for money!

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends

Dear James

Thanks for posting a review.

You have identified exactly what we set out to achieve and that is value for money with great service, nice facilities and clean, comfy accommodation.

I trust you enjoyed the rest of your travels and we hope to see you again.

Kind Regards