SilverOaks Resort Heritage
US$151
  • Pool
US$106
Arista of Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$117
Holiday Inn Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$130
US$161
US$125
Official Site
  • Pool
RotoVegas Motel of Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$86
Best Western Braeside Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$92
US$122
US$119
Orbitz.com
VR Rotorua Lake Resort(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$163
Cedarwood Lakeside(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$96
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

The photos on the website are not reflective of the place. The room we stayed in was old and tired. There were no curtains over the glass door and the curtains over the window were so thin that it was like daytime for the beds in the lounge. The beds were so old that you virtually touched the floor. We had booked for 2 nights but after one night left to find a better place to stay. I would not recommend this place. The sign out the front may look good but that's where it finishes.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Richard C
Reviewed 9 July 2017

Nothing whatsoever to recommend this establishment over the plethora of motels and hotels on Fenton Street. We simply chose it as being cheaper than most, and having one unit available for the night of Saturday 8th July 2017 - nephew's 21st birthday.

We checked in mid-afternoon that day, and found that there weren't enough towels, so requested one - we had to remind the owner again, then went out to the party. On our return two towels had appeared, so we were all set for the following morning.

The bathroom was very "sad" with cracked skirting and wallpaper, a loose toilet seat, BUT a lovely hot shower with great pressure.

We would never go back - it served its purpose, but left us underwhelmed.

Room Tip: #24 was upstairs and the back of the complex, so nice and quiet, but obviously would not suit anyone unable to negotiate those stairs.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Tidy-Tony
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

I booked accommodation here directly with SilverOaks Heritage back in January for the beginning of June and ended up cancelling the booking a couple of days later (still January) which I have proof of. Only to now find that they have taken the payment out of my account. They advised that i had not cancelled within the timeframe for there cancellation policy (24hrs)... I have them 5 months notice of cancellation. I have made several attempts at contacting them and have been hung up on, had no reply to my emails. Disgusting treatment. Avoid these con artists, they will rip you off!!!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
11  Thank 463jean
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Manager Hone (John) Chetty was very accommodating and a very pleasant man. He even greeted me in Māori and asked how I was in Te Reo Māori and he's Indian. That blew me away. Thank you Hone for being open and learning our native tongue of Aotearoa and an official language to this whenua.
Our room was lovely and warm he had turned heaters on as we arrived late. It had all cooking amenities. The room was clean. Beds were comfortable and clean. Overall it was a great couple of nights. I will definitely be going back.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Lee Anne S
Reviewed 5 June 2017

We had checked into the hotel for 3 nights over Queens Birthday weekend. After an hour we checked out, the hotel was awful.

The room was terrible, it was in a very poor state, the carpet was filthy with stains on it, the curtains were hanging off their rails and were mouldy. The windows were wide open when we checked in to hide the musty, stale smell.

The furniture was in a very poor state and was old and tired and just didn't look clean. The plug socket that the alarm clock was plugged into was black and the plastic cracked and missing. The paint/wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling. The whole room just felt dirty, to the point that I didn't even want to sit on the bed. Inside the wardrobe was also dirty and had cobwebs. There were ants climbing up the walls near the door and also when we opened the fridge door there were ants that came out from the side of the fridge.

We were staying in Rotorua with friends for the weekend to celebrate my husband's 40th and after half an hour of being in the room decided that we couldn't stay. We'd closed the windows as it was cold and because the room was musty my husband started to get all stuffy and his breathing was laboured due to asthma. Not the fun start to the weekend we expected.

We went online and found another motel up the street, after going to look at that room we decided to move and it was the best decision we made.

I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. It should not be allowed to remain open, it is horrendous.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple