“Cool vibes ”

Astrolabe
Ranked #79 of 423 Restaurants in Tauranga
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Astrolabe Brew Bar, the heart of Mount Maunganui’s local community. Our world famous bar is one of the great treasures of the pacific and boasts an abundant range of Mac’s finely brewed beer. We’ve also got more than our quota of a delicious fresh food with big burgers, monstrous pizzas, salads, steaks and seafood. Come on in anytime and relax in our shamelessly over decorated home away from home.
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

I don't eat here. Just had a couple beers but the place is so cool. It has a very quirky, hippy kinda vibe about it with a random part of the venue looking like your grandma's house but in a nice comfy way. You need to check out this place just to feel the vibe and the look. Located in the main strip it's easy to get to

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Seriously it has been a disaster.
The place is great. Great location. Great setting. Great outdoor. On a sunny Sunday morning that is all you need.
We had two tables booked for a all bunch of friends. Us being there was not a surprise ! And we were on time.
We have ordered our food and drinks straight away and already we knew we would have to wait a bit longer as it was a busy morning.
No need to say that half of the breakfast menu was unavailable...
It took 1hour and half for my partner to get his breakfast. Eggs weren’t cooked as asked. Great. Weird to think that he got his breakfast before mine considering the fact that he ordered the big breakfast and I only asked for smashed avocado and poached eggs ! It took another 30minutes before my avocado arrived.
And again, so disappointing. And disgusting. Very unusual to get such bad eggs in a café un New Zealand.

They were about 6 waiters/waitresses walking all around the place, taking orders, serving food, getting paiement.
Everything was so disorganized.
And coffee took an hour to be served too.

Oh and I was about to forget.
Funny that my partner went to order a tomato juice for me and got back with half a glass of tomato juice and an orange juice. Apparently, they were no more tomato juice and they served me the very bottom of the bottle.
The thing is that we were here with friends. And 10 minutes after I had my drinks, our friends both arrived with two full glass of tomato juice and two bloody marie cocktails. Sorry but what was wrong.

Anyway. It is very sad that such nice setting take for granted their reputation et forget about providing quality service and food.

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

the food is good and tasty. Take the menue from the bar, choose a meal, order at the bar and then wait. DJ makes music from a caravan. cool atmosphere. I liked it

Reviewed 2 February 2018

A good selection of tap beers and bar food available. You can sit inside or in the little beer garden which is children friendly.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

Last night we ordered differing burgers and chips and the children had their own menu. Typical pub meals witrh beautiful tasting chips. The children were able to play on the little playground, keeping them occupied while waiting for their meals. The food was tasty and staff friendly. On the down side we had to clean our table first before sitting down but we did want a table close to the playground. When taking the grand daughter to the bathroom I found it very untidy. It was still a very nice evening experience.