“Good food”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Good food. Excellent service. Atmosphere really good too. Would recommend Rogan Gosh and their Butter Chicken to all and sundry.
A place I will revisit.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

We popped in for the $12 lunch - curry, rice and bread choices - and were delighted to find that, after several years away from Wellington, our memories of Great India's food were reinforced. There was a reasonable choice of curries, rice and breads, the food was delicious and the naan bread hot and puffy, the portions were ample and the service quick and friendly. Great India will remain high on our list of choices.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

The best Indian food wellington has to offer, my food Indian friend only goes here. It is near my office so it’s a great place to have a quiet warm winters lunch away from the crowd

Reviewed 22 May 2018

I'm sure this Indian restaurant is highly modified to fit local taste so please think twice if you wanna have authentic experience.

Reviewed 12 May 2018

Have travelled for business and finding myself on my own for the evening and not wanting hotel food I check out the reviews on TA and decided to walk to Great India.
First impressions are that it is looking pretty tired and needs an update in terms of decor but nothing major to add here. Service was good, I was put in a window seat which allowed me to watch the passing revellers on the outside. Food service was im my opinion very fast for an Indian restaurant which did make me think that everything was pre prepared and not cooked fesh. I ordered Chicken Tikka to start and was tasty but one of the pieces was very soft and looked under cooked so it was left to the side of the plate, it was not exactly piping hot either. Not great when your eating chicken. Onto the main where I had ordered Chicken Jalfrazi with stemed rice this was good and flavoursum however the sauce had a skin on the edges which made me think this was just out of the microwave, not a major issue but did put me off it a little. The BIG plus point was the Naan Bread which was really good, the right combination of crispy and fluffy. Would I eat there again.... maybe but I think I will check out a different one first to see how it stacks up in general.