“Just Great”
Review of Seal Coast Safari

Seal Coast Safari
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Just minutes from the city lies nature's playground! Travel through private land and see wild animals, snow-capped mountains of the South, and stunning views of Wellington. Observe New Zealand Fur Seals in their natural habitat and the Leaning Lighthouse. Listen to stories and relax as you journey around bays and past the world-renowned Red Rocks. Seal Coast Safari has been providing guests with exclusive access to the best scenery in Wellington for over 17 years.
Reviewed 24 June 2017

Quite far from downtown Wellington but worth the trouble. The road is risky but the views magnificent. We really enjoyed standing in the black rocky beach, with its superb giant waves and the amicable furry sea lions

Reviewed 11 June 2017

My parents and I took this 3-hour half-day trip with 'Seal Coast Safari'. We had a really wonderful time and saw the breathtaking scenery in Wellington South Coast. Kent is very friendly and knowledgeable. He took us to the Red Rocks Reserve, Seal Colony, Private Farmland and Brooklyn Hill Wind Turbine while delivering commentary throughout the whole trip. This trip is suitable for everyone including senior and young kids. I highly recommend this trip to everyone.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

Great excursions and worth the money. Expert drivers that know their way around the rough terrain. Lots of fun, the views were spectacular. We were able to stop to take photos and take it all in. Having coffee/tea and muffins on the rustic shore was a big plus! We loved every minute of the outing. Highly recommend.

Sitting in the back is not the most comfortable my husband is 6'1", not much room for legs. I was lucky enough to sit up front with the driver :-)

Reviewed 3 May 2017

I wasn't sure about the cost for this tour when I booked it. It was worth every penny! As someone traveling abroad I didn't want to miss out on an opportunity I may never get again. The drivers were awesome, the views were spectacular, and the information was rich. The driver was kind and answered all of our questions in detail, and often added fun facts and tidbits.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

The bumps were well worth it and fun. Kent was very experienced driving in this terrain and was more than happy to chat and point out things. The seals were a delight along with everything else we saw. The muffins were pretty good too. The truck wasn't the most comfy and your knees are up to your chin on the seats either side. Glad ours wasn't full. Well recommended nonetheless.