1,782 results
All reviews te papa oriental parade great location family room small balcony harbour view superior room across the road courtney place valet parking new world supermarket free wifi top floor new zealand courtenay place duty manager late check
Reviewed 20 December 2017

Hotel is right in the centre of oriental bay on the roadside and our room overlooked the harbour with a small balcony . Stunning backdrop of the cliffs with the accomadation dotted high up and low down .Food was good and plentiful , staff very helpful.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Karyn M, Manager at Copthorne Hotel Wellington Oriental Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Dear 6007

Your review is bang on. Thanks so much for taking the time to write it.

Appreciate it.

Reviewed 18 December 2017

In wellington for a concert with my partner, arranged for wine and flowers to be waiting in the room, staff were very happy to help make the stay special. View was awesome and room was very comfortable and nice. Overall a great stay!

Room Tip: Harbour View was great!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Karyn M, Manager at Copthorne Hotel Wellington Oriental Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Dear Markbr586

Thanks for your comment. I remember the flowers they were absolutely beautiful. Your partner was very lucky. We love making our guest feel special and are so please you enjoyed your stay.

Looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 17 December 2017

The website made the rooms look amazing, but when you see them in person they need some maintenance and a lick of paint. We paid for the Superior suite and it was just like any old room. I also reccomend if you are a light sleeper to be placed further up or on the otherside, we got the Harbourside suite and yes we wanted the view but I would have rather been higher up for the amount of money we paid.

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side are noisy
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank RosieH1054
Karyn M, Manager at Copthorne Hotel Wellington Oriental Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Dear Rosie H

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We do have fabulous views, to get the best harbour view you need to book a harbour view room, these all have hush glass installed which removes any street noise.

Reviewed 17 December 2017

Initially I had to turn down an upgraded room as the reception had failed to recognise that there were 2 guest which was clearly identified upon my reservation print out. I was travelling with my adult son (23 years of age), I therefore had to accept an inferior room with 2 beds which was positioned far away from the lifts etc and with no harbour View's It was on the 10th floor which I found annoying to have to transfer to another lift to complete your exit or return to your room.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with MillenniumHotels.com
1  Thank briansP4556UU

Hi Brian

I am sorry you had to turn down the upgraded room, often 2 people in a room means a couple, so I can see how the confusion occurred. To ensure you get a harbour view you would need to book a harbour view room, the rooms that are accessed without changing lifts are our deluxe rooms. Next time you come to stay with us, just mention you would like that room type when booking and I am sure our reservationist will be able to accommodate that for you.

I am sorry you were unhappy with the room you booked. I do hope you will stay again and experience the upgraded room type.

Reviewed 15 December 2017

We selected this hotel for its location and parking as we had a fully packed car and needed to be sure it was secure. We were not disappointed in any way and enjoyed dinner in the restaurant. It is close to museums, the town centre and theatreb

Room Tip: Wonderful views of harbour if requested
Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jill M
Karyn M, Manager at Copthorne Hotel Wellington Oriental Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2017

Dear Jill M

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate it.

Hope to see you next time you are in Wellington.