“Food not warm”
Review of Eat Asian

Eat Asian
Ranked #800 of 1,063 Restaurants in Wellington
Reviewed 27 October 2016

I think this place may be under new management. Or else the owners don't care any longer, what with all the building work going on all around them in the food court. Before, the potatoes used to be luke warm but I put up with that because everything else at this buffet was good. But this time ... everything was luke warm, if not downright cold. It was a Monday and there were about three customers in the food court at 12 30 lunchtime. I think nobody gives a darn until all the building work is finished. This place used to be soooo good. Now, there aren't even any potatoes on offer.

Reviewed 24 December 2015

I really love this food court quick eatery, but not on this particular day - Christmas Eve! Lunch-time. There's usually potatoes and dim sims and there were none this day and the little spring rolls were very limp. And as these three things are fifty percent of what i eat at this buffet, i was disappointed. I guess that being Christmas Eve the place didnt want to overstock because of the holiday the next days. When i asked about the absence of the potatoes i was told there was a potato shortage, so if that was the case then how come there are loads and loads of them at the supermarket? I only wish i had thought to look at the buffet before i plonked down my money and got my plate. But i must emphasise that i truly believe the cutback christmas Eve food is probably a oncer (I hope!)....New Zealand is a whole day ahead of the northern hemisphere so as i write this it is now Christmas day here, while it is only Christmas Eve in, say, Europe and America.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

I like Chinese buffets where i can get in and out quickly. Ive tried daytime ones around Wellinton and like this one the best. It's at Courtenay Central, along with Reading Picture Theatre. My one complaont is that their potatoes are usually luke warm - i have seen people complain about this.

Reviewed 9 August 2015 via mobile

Staff were rude and racist. Food was cold, some burnt and the rest mediocre at best. I was followed round smorgasbord and then ushered to leave. I was then talked about and stared at and ridiculed. I will NEVER eat there again.

1  Thank Lyana R
Reviewed 13 February 2015 via mobile

Maybe it was a bad day for them or for me.
We ordered the combo meal deal which basically just means you can chose a small medium or large plate. Large for me. $13.50 plus a one dollar soft drink. Actually not a bad price tag indeed!
But as it points out "cheap" often means cheap. Food wasn't really warm or even hot, plastic cutlery and (well of course this is a complete subjective perception) although I have put a little something of every kind of what they had on my plate there was nothing really tasty. Infact most of it was not enjoyable. Garlic potatoes and the different rices were the best of all. Honestly I've never had such bad Asian cuisine. I couldn't figure out, what it was but there was something really bad tasting in some of the veggies or maybe the chicken?! I don't know. Yuckie.
You can definitely find better food for the same or better prices. But what should I've expected in a food court full of other Asian, Indian and plenty of other "restaurants" including Maccas in the middle of a cinema.