“Good plant based tacos”

Mexico Food & Liquor
Reserve a table
Ranked #188 of 974 Restaurants in Wellington
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I ate there twice, the first time I had a pumpkin taco and a beer. I was going to the theatre and the food was served quickly and it was tasty. I went back the next day for lunch because they had a lunch special of one taco, fried cauliflower and guacamole and chips. The taco was pea and olive and it was yum, as was the cauliflower and guacamole. I found the service to be fine. The place is dark with some interesting artwork.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (270)

Reviewed 30 April 2021 via mobile

Good food, lots to choose from and pretty authentic. Service wasn't great. They were slow to take our order and explain the menu given the specials menu which finished at 5 had some better deals. The biggest complaint was watching our drinks sit on the bar while the staff had a chat for 10mins before bringing them over, despite the place being half empty. Decor is nice and the prices are reasonable.

Date of visit: March 2021
2  Thank iamrhys
Reviewed 14 April 2021

food was bad. mine was burnt and dry and my daughter's so dry with almost no filling it was not edible.
the service was even worse. the waiter was rude and brought my daughter's food about 10 minutes after ours, after I had to ask twice and walk to the kitchen. the salad was brought to the table when we were basically finished trying to eat the food. the waiter was more interested in chatting up the people at the next table than actually doing his work. the manager when we paid had no response to when we complained and changed us over $100 for a very bad night out. avoid this place!

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 24 January 2021 via mobile

We visited here June 2020 not long into level 1, I was heavily pregnant, we were out to celebrate my husband’s birthday and we were not allowed a table to ourselves as it is “their policy”. Half of the restaurant was empty tables, which I pointed out and still we were forced to share a table with another couple. You would think post Covid this would not be a policy they would do steadfastly stick to.

Date of visit: June 2020
Reviewed 14 October 2020

With Wellington on a plate I was quite excited to see Mexico Petone doing a burger.
The evening went well and all the food was flavoursome or though oddly we had to add to our starters as they all came in 3 not 4!

However looking at the menu and being guided by our helpful waiter we all ordered the Wellington on a Plate burger.
Was it flavoursome TES it was but that’s where it ended
The whole burger was very underwhelming and we found ourselves ordering extra sides to complete our meal
Where was the chicken patty it looked like a small bun with a little something between not the large stuffed burger in their add
Sorry it was way below average

Date of visit: October 2020