Cranford Oak Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
63 at Cranford Motel(Christchurch)
    Azena Motel(Christchurch)
    Good 3.5/5
    • Free Internet
    Merivale Manor(Christchurch)
    Great 4.5/5
    All reviewsfrom arrival to departurefriendly receptionwarm roomsky tvgreat place to staygreat accommodationeasy accessvisit christchurchenjoyed our stayminute drivewould stay againnew zealandstudio roomcentral citybrantfordhostsfeng
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 4 February 2018

I was send by my company in Christchurch for a day training course. I was amazed at the "home feel" ambiance of the facility. The staff are immaculate, they are the most understanding, courteous and welcoming hotel/motel employee that I have ever meet. The room was clean, netflix are available on demand. I'll be looking forward on my next stay in CCH and this time it will be for leisure.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
    Reviewed 28 January 2018

Never had any real problems. But I am reassessing my overall view of it. Certainly would continue to stay here when it suits me but I can't give it 5/5 and even 4/5 is probably a touch generous.

In it's favour:
    - The friendly reception
    - A nice building and setting in general
    - The bathroom area is always the highlight inside. Looks good, lots of amenities, extractor, heater unit.
    - Reasonably well stocked tea (Dilmah Premium) & coffee (though earl grey drinkers would be disappointed) and a generous amount of milk given
    - 1GB Wifi included

But I now reflect on various things that make it fairly average overall. I have always stayed in a studio room:
    - The room is not really that big. There are a couple of basic chairs and a small desk kind of area but really nowhere to relax and stretch out except for on the beds.
    - No sky TV as far as I could tell
    - No cooking hob, just microwave etc
    - No aircon unit or fan as far as I could find. I must have been quite lucky to stay here when it hasn't been hot, because I do feel the heat
    - The beds have always been a bit soft, even a lot soft. Not talking about the mattresses specifically but the whole effect of base and matress. Doesn't feel entirely stable if you are moving about on them (if you see what I mean!). But when it's just one person lying down to sleep they are OK.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
    Reviewed 19 December 2017

Thanks for having us! Delightful Cranford Oaks Motel Christchurch New Zealand. Lovely stay, great location, easy to find, pub across the road for dinner out. Bus at the door to the CBD Christchurch. We stayed there 2 nights upon arriving in NZ & 1 night before we left, easy access to the Christchurch Airport. Friendly staff, clean & comfortable - one of the nicest places we stayed.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 1 August 2017

Because of a serious delay of JETSTAR, we arrived at this motel 6 hours later. It was already 8 pm with rainy weather. The reception was still waiting for us. During the 3 days' living we felt warm and comfortable in the wet and cold winter. The room has a good view and facilities can help us do some simple cooking. It not far from Park n Save, New World and K mart. Driving to city only takes 10-15 minutes. Driving to the airport is not too far as well and quite easy to find. If it is the first time u visit Christchurch, it is really a good choice.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

A great motel, easy to find, very clean and comfortable and it was quiet. The manager was very welcoming and was able to answer all our queries. We appreciated that later in the day when we were out the staff turned on our heater ensuring we returned to a warm room.

Christchurch has a very good bus system which we used rather then taking our car into the CBD and the Riccarton shopping mall. As the bus stop was about 100 metres away from the motel it was a most convenient way to get about.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple