“A nice addition to Lincoln”

Black Door Bar And Eatery
Ranked #664 of 1,075 Restaurants in Christchurch
Reviewed 17 August 2017

A lovely setting, nice and warm on a cold night, with attentive staff.

It was a last minute decision to go out for dinner, so thought we would give it a crack. It was obvious that they are still learning the ropes, since recently opening, with little mistakes being made. This was counter balanced by lovely helpful staff, with a great attitude to their work.

Not sure about the kids playroom right next to the restaurant. I can only imagine the possible noise if there were a heap of kids in there??

Certainly worth a visit, as I am optimistic that it will improve as everyone settles in with the menu and the way the space works.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I went with my sister to the Black Door Bar and Grill. We were pleasantly surprised that they had no problem seating us without a reservation. The ambience of the building allowed us to relax and enjoy the sun on a cold day. The menu had a good selection to choose from. I chose the 100% Beef burger. They asked if I wanted fries with that. They do charge extra for a side of fries so FYI. I also ordered a coffee. The servers did seem to have tunnel vision and didn't see that we had tried to get their attention. The Manager was good he saw that the servers were busy and he came by a couple of times and made sure we were taken care of.