“Disaster”

Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 June 2017

Went to Joes Garage for my sons 2nd birthday. We ordered 2 drinks ($10 for a Heineken is pretty steep) we ordered the prawn entree which was our first mistake... They were rubbery, the sauce was yuck and the rice was dry and had hard rice bits of in places. Staff confirmed later that the prawns are frozen, apparently the rice is made same day.

As my son enjoys Pizza we ordered 2 because there was a 2 for 1 deal on we ordered a Bacon and Pineapple pizza, and a seafood pizza we asked to swap the bacon for ham which they couldn't do, so we went with salami and pineapple. The pizza's came out soggy and yuck. The salami was cut in huge half circle hunks and there were large empty spaces between bits of salami and pineapple when you did get a bite of the salami it had an ok flavour. The Seafood Pizza was inedible we shared 1 piece but it was extremely salty.

I would be interested to see what the other main meals are like, however due to my unpleasant experience with the entree and pizza's it is unlikely I will return.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

What kind of cafe doesn't do poached eggs????!!!!!!! Waited ages for someone to take my order and when I ordered eggs on toast they asked- fried or scrambled? I said poached. They don't do poached!!!!!! Disappointed! So I ordered muesli. Slow service too.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

Yup, this is one of my preferred places to go for breakfast. We showed up without a reservation, and despite being crowded, they seated us after a brief chat about needing the table cleared for a reservation by a certain time. It was more than enough time for us. The food has always been pretty good here, though I was disappointed when told their Jose Burrito was sold out. And in looking at the rest of the menu, it really just seemed like a combination of eggs cooked one way or another, with other stuff on the side. But other than that, it's all pretty good and the waitresses are usually worth a look at even if the menu isn't quite as tasty.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Coffee and muffins are yummie, big breakfasts, pizza, or bistro meal.
Often busy (service can be slow), you need to book!
Has a TV, usually tuned to sport, usually sound off.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

Joe's Garage staff coped very well with a large brunch group on Mother's Day, creating a bigger table as more people arrived. The service was friendly and the coffee and food very good. The whole group appreciated their cheerful positivity and helpful attitude. The fruit crumble was a highlight.