“A great place for breakfast”

Joe's Garage Riccarton
Ranked #345 of 1,031 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

A few of us had breakfast here recently there is a great selection and generous helpings of quality food.The service was quick & friendly

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

My partner and I come here regularly over the last few months. Such a chill environment with great food! Love the staff here super friendly and always up for a good yarn. Even though sometimes they are super busy they always do their best! Highly recommend! Will definitely be back soon! P.S I love the salads!

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

I've been three times now to Joes Garage in Riccarton and on all three times the service was awful. The food is always good and fairly priced but the service sucks. Yesterday I had an informal meeting there. I had to leave the table to ask to be served, a drinks order had been already taken and delivered. When taking orders the staff had no idea what liquors they offered and when a savoury muffin was requested the request was met with a blank look. Perhaps it is the customers job to be familiar with what is available?Then twice during our lunch discussion the waitress interupted our conversation for a benign question, no excuse me, just blurted something out that I now can't even remember what it was. This service reminds me why we don't tip in NZ.
Also the waitresses fly was down, the icing on the cake of a terrible performance! The food is good honest fare but it's a damn chore to get it.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

Went to Joes Garage for my sons 2nd birthday. We ordered 2 drinks ($10 for a Heineken is pretty steep) we ordered the prawn entree which was our first mistake... They were rubbery, the sauce was yuck and the rice was dry and had hard rice bits of in places. Staff confirmed later that the prawns are frozen, apparently the rice is made same day.

As my son enjoys Pizza we ordered 2 because there was a 2 for 1 deal on we ordered a Bacon and Pineapple pizza, and a seafood pizza we asked to swap the bacon for ham which they couldn't do, so we went with salami and pineapple. The pizza's came out soggy and yuck. The salami was cut in huge half circle hunks and there were large empty spaces between bits of salami and pineapple when you did get a bite of the salami it had an ok flavour. The Seafood Pizza was inedible we shared 1 piece but it was extremely salty.

I would be interested to see what the other main meals are like, however due to my unpleasant experience with the entree and pizza's it is unlikely I will return.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

What kind of cafe doesn't do poached eggs????!!!!!!! Waited ages for someone to take my order and when I ordered eggs on toast they asked- fried or scrambled? I said poached. They don't do poached!!!!!! Disappointed! So I ordered muesli. Slow service too.