Commodore Airport Hotel, Christchurch
Rendezvous Hotel Christchurch(Christchurch)
US$82
US$76
  • Restaurant
Argyle on the Park(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$73
Orbitz.com
US$105
Novotel
  • Room Service
Amore Motor Lodge(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$70
US$242
US$194
Orbitz.com
1,595 results
All reviewsbusiness levelbusiness roompattersons restaurantdrink vouchersfree shuttlenew zealandon demandexcellent hotelshuttle servicenext morninglast nightsouth islandrental carcomfortable bedslong flightstayed one nightcity centre
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

From being greeted by name at the front desk to being escorted to our room by the greeter to the complimentary drink and bus tickets to the delicious dinner, we were pampered extensively. Incredible Kiwi service!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2018

Don't let the fact that this is an airport Hotel put you off, or that its exterior on the website may look a little bland. This is a brilliant Hotel to stay. Why. . . . Its incredibly comfortable, user friendly, well priced. But what makes this hotel really great is the staff, so friendly & accomodating. Great continental breakfast. The hotel is child friendly with a great indoor pool and spa pool. Lovely outdoor seating area and enclosed lawn area for the kids to let loose. The have a shuttle to airport and maybe even the city centre.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2018

I have stayed here twice and it's perfect for business travel. Bit old school, bit cosy and nice. Free drink every night is a particularly nice touch and results in a really good vibe in the bar/restaurant area just after work every night which is nice.

But... the toaster. On my first morning, I thought 'wow this toaster is taking a bit'. Like, I've used plenty of toasters, quick ones, slow ones - but this was noticeably slooooow. I'm not expecting a 'Dyson hand dryer' quality toaster, I just want a half decent one. One that doesn't cause me to be late for work.

Anyways, morning two this happened again, and I had a flashback - I thought the same thing last time I was here!!

By morning three, I felt like most of my time in Christchurch was spent waiting on bread. Not since the pre-electricity days has a human waited for toast like this.

Anyways, once the toast eventually popped - and it was barely toasted, I mean I had it on 4/5 and it was still warm bread rather than toast - I thought 'surely I'm not mad to think about a toaster this much.'

Turns out there are three other reviews on here about the toaster. This makes four. FOUR REVIEWS ABOUT YOUR TOASTER!!

Please, please, please buy a new one. It'll not make the difference in me coming back - I think the hotel is great - but it will make me really upset. It's a company hotel so I'll be telling people to keep an eye out, if you change the toaster, you will make my day.

That's all. Great hotel... crap toaster :)

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Vincent F
Reviewed 10 April 2018

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Commodore Hotel last week for a night away child free and what a stay it was. We were greeted by friendly staff at the reception desk and kindly taken to our room by one of the best concierge I have met. Room was clean and crisp and warm given the cold day outside. Dinner in the Pattersons restaurant was lovely, very inviting space with a hive of activity even on a Thursday night. Fish special was delicious. Overall a wonderful night away where you felt like you were surrounded by friendly staff that genuinely wanted you to have the best stay possible!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2018

After a long day, culminating in a stay at the Commodore when my flight to Queenstown was diverted, it was an absolute pleasure to arrive at the friendliest hotel I think I have ever stayed in. It started with the happiest and most helpful shuttle driver, continued with an easy check-in (including someone who carried my bags to my room for me), and I had great service during my delicious meal. The next day I checked out and inadvertently left my hand luggage at reception... A quick call to the hotel and it was whizzed to me five minutes later. later I discovered that Ii had also forgotten a piece of clothing in my room (obviously not my day), but again, no trouble, and it was couriered to me (within NZ) at no charge.
My room was comfortable and spacious with a lovely shower and bathroom. It looked as though there had been a recent refurbishment, and it was done well.
All in all, I couldn't recommend the Commodore highly enough. It's staff were the absolute standout.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business