1,300 results
All reviews hagley park double tree city centre botanical gardens new zealand pleasant hotel beautiful park duty manager pleasant walk bit dated buffet breakfast lovely garden hotel restaurant very pleasant stay free shuttle room was spacious stayed here for one night
Reviewed 1 November 2017

We stayed at this hotel for five nights and there was not one drawer in the whole room or bathroom. There was one shelf under the basin, about 6 inches from the floor - too hard to bend down that far when you've had recent knee and hip replacements. Maybe OK if you're only staying overnight but definitely NOT acceptable for a five night stay. We had to stack things on the floor around the walls - again, hard to "get at" things when you're not 100% mobile. There was a notice saying something to the effect of: "If you have problems we will fix them. Just let us know." I used the one piece of paper and envelope which were left in the room, and wrote a note to the manager. It was ignored. Having said all of that - the staff in reception, porters, restaurant etc were all excellent - very friendly, good efficient service and we ended up eating at the restaurant all five nights because the food was outstanding. Great flavours and HOT!

Room Tip: My "Garden View Room" looked over a garden bed of mulch and a car park beyond. I suggest when booking you specify NOT a car park view.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2017

While I was attending a wedding at the DoubleTree I found it a great place to stay in. It was fairly close to the airport while at the same time very close to great green areas just nearby. The service the staff provided and the available facilities were of very high quality. I particularly enjoyed the warmth and joy I felt whilst walking through the beautiful gardens at the Double Tree grounds. Even though I had a short stay I will most definitely come back to DoubleTree when I visit Christchurch another time.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 30 October 2017

Travelled to Christchurch just to visit my home town for the first time since the earthquakes. Although I was very sad when I saw the city, I enjoyed our perfect room and view. Can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Very nice rooms, super friendly and helpful staff, good food. Also the hotel is very quiet. The beautiful city park with botanical garden is right there next to the hotel, I sure will come back, can recommend.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2017

We have enjoyed our stay as the room is very comfortable and totally met our needs. The staff were not only friendly but very helpful and could not have been better. The fact that the hotel was so close to the park was a bonus. Excellent late checkout.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple