All reviews spa bath double glazing studio room friendly owners kitchen facilities next morning hagley park ants units motel microwave heater city chch furniture nz
Reviewed 26 July 2015

Very good location to the middle of chch. Older style motel but very roomy and clean. Nice and warm on arrival. We asked for a quiet unit and it certainly was quiet.
Would have been nice to have fresh milk rather than the milk pods but otherwise couldn't fault it for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room like no. 10
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Annie61NewZealand
Reviewed 21 July 2015

Calling from NZ to organise, the staff member so helpful on the phone. We were arriving at 0100hrs and then checking out the next morning. They gave us the first room and said they would leave it unlocked to just walk in when the taxi delivered us. True to their word it was open and ready to go. Heaters on (1 degree.. Brrr) electric blankets and a really hot shower. We chose it because it was only roughly a $30 taxi drive and in the morning we could walk to the Merivale Mall or catch a bus to Northlands mall which we did. Easy to do and filled in until our next flight. But you need to watch your taxi driver, the return one $40 and we worried if we would arrive. He was so fragile I lifted the suitcases myself. As he drove out he said "I can't see anything with this roadworks" then proceeded to cut someone off and drive through two red lights. I am not ageist but hmm he really needed a review. On the contrary our midnight taxi, driver from Iran couldn't have been more friendly. Love chch will come again.

Room Tip: Both upstairs and downstairs but choose ground for late arrivals.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank lynleyb2015
Reviewed 19 April 2015

Stayed one night in unit 12. Unit was beautiful, clean, new carpet, spacious. Close to shops and town. Got in quite late but lady owner was lovely and friendly. Only downside was the road noise (unit 12 right at the front) but I guess that is to be expected when you are on a busy road. Also heard neighbours getting home late at night/early hours of morning? Opening and closing drawers, running water, talking. Walls not too thick. Would recommend but as has been said in other reviews ask for a rear unit if worried about road noise.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandra T
Reviewed 9 April 2015 via mobile

Booked in today, my partner and I have just got engaged and together wanting a night to ourselves and with the rare offer of a sitter decided to book a room with spa here, after my arrival, (dropped off I might add to wow my new fiancé) only to be told to leave because he didnt like the look of me, im deeply hurt and appalled by such disrespect and to have my engagement ruined and now no where to suit at such short notice!!! Would not recommend if ur over weight..or without superstar looks! Thanks casino court for an excellent stay of five minutes and throwing me onto the street with such judgment.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kingMuk
mattchch, Owner at Casino Court Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2015

As a general rule we do not respond to guest reviews. We are content to let our guests do the talking - happily accepting positive comments and working hard to correct any issues that have not met guest expectations. We do however feel we need to respond to this particular review.

Whilst we regret the guest was unhappy at being refused accommodation, this was for no other reason than the credit card she provided as security for her on-line booking was declined. It is standard international hotel/motel procedure to require a valid credit card number to secure bookings in the event of damage and/or theft from the room. This and only this was the reason for her being refused accommodation with us.

Reviewed 29 January 2015

Our family of 4 (2 teenage boys 13 & 16) stayed 3 nights in January and were very pleasantly surprised with our very comfy and spacious accommodation. I am a little fussy about where I stay, and whilst CCML is not overly modern, it is very clean, very comfortable and perfect for a family. Location is excellent, only a 5-10 min walk to shops, restaurants & CBD or a 10 min walk in other direction to supermarket and very nice local shopping strip. There are a lot of other quality motels nearby along this road.
We had Unit 12, an upstairs unit at the front of the motel. A spacious, well-lit 1-bedroom apartment: Queen bed in lounge plus Queen & Single in bedroom. Good kitchen: fridge, micro, stove/oven, small kitchen table. Beds very comfy, good block-out drapes, some road noise but OK. (Ask for room at rear if you are worried about road noise.) Small LCD TV with Sky channels in lounge. Spacious bathroom with toilet & shower (very good). Serviced daily, reception very friendly & helpful. The narrow steps going up to the apartment (approx. 12 steps) may prove difficult for someone who is elderly or who has difficulty walking. Bathroom extras: Natural Earth soap, shampoo/conditioner. FREE WI-FI! At $180/night, I thought it was excellent value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards rear of motel if you are concerned about road noise, but our unit at front was fine.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family