“Cozy comforts and friendly service”
Review of Adorian Motel

Adorian Motel
Ranked #87 of 146 Hotels in Christchurch
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stayed here for a break away from home...queen bed more comfy than my own!.clean and comfortable room.Lovely lady in the office more than willingly to help us out with various questions we had on what to do in the city..and helping with booking arrangements for our ongoing travel plans. Have read some of the reviews on this place on here and have to wonder if really that accurate...the guy in next unit was a bit towey as he expected 24 hour service due to been in Ch.Ch to help some flood people..not sure what he meant but he had a few "fanta's" with his work crew and was out to diss I reckon...we would stay here again...cozy comforts of home with value for money accomodation.cheers!

Room Tip: Room 8 up stairs...with a bit of a view...nice for a couple.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Macleanclan

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stayed here after travelling a long distance to help the good Christchurch people who's homes had been flooded with the Windstorm but lady didnt seem to care. Right from the start, the lady (owner?) treated us like we were an annoyance. . . unfriendly and had an accusitory manner. We brushed this aside as her "having a bad day" but soon came to realise, this was not an isolated once off incident!! . . .After working 14 hours on our 3rd day (one of many long days) we had run out of clean clothes. The lady barked at us when we tried to ask for some coins for the washing machine, so found out it was a honesty use machine. Put our wash on . . only to be screamed at for our "extremely raucous behaviour" ie walking down rickety stairs, then she or the other owner proceeded to TURN OFF our washine machine mid cycle at the wall. Accused us of trying to get away without paying for the load (which we never intended to do, as we had called their office earlier asking for coins/process to use it) . . so no clean clothes :( . . no washed dishes . . beds never made . . only wanted our money. So had to wake up early next day to finish my wash cycle, shove wet clothes into plastic bags, took to work to try and dry there partially until I was able to drum up alternative accomadation. Very happy with my new place, thank you very much! This lady has no people skills, and should not be in the hospitality industry and does not understand what is required to operate a friendly motel. the basic of things. . . P.S. Terrible terrible parking and The $5 I left you for the wet, soggy shoved in bags "clean" clothes was a rip off! Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Wouldnt know how to talk or treat a guest if she tried. Everything was a problem. I rang her at 10 pm one night and yelled at me. Telling me this isn't a 24 hour hotel , I never got to ask her what I rang about I was so shocked how I was being spoken to. We had 8 from our company staying there 6 of us checked out. The good thing is she will lose 9 nights accommodation. Ha ha

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Ok rooms. Very strange unfriendly woman manager stingy with wireless internet - definitely behind the times. Aggressive when I inquired about more internet - 50mb! Would never stay here if it wasn't a work trip. Avoid.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank scott s
Reviewed 11 January 2014

This is your basic motel with a few extra room features.

Good:
- room is roomy with sofas, table
- bigger fridge
- hot stove
- microwave
- clean
- self serve laundry available
- LCD flatscreen

Bad:
- wifi was free but the code didn't work
- wifi is limited to 100mb
- neighbourhood looks a bit dodgy

Overall good for people on a budget. Owners seemed friendly.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple