“Good value though age is showing”
Review of Adorian Motel

Adorian Motel
Ranked #87 of 146 Hotels in Christchurch
Reviewed 7 February 2017

Our 1st visited accommodation during our 2 month NZ road trip. My family stayed here 1 night in mid-November. This was a very decent value for money motel to kick off our NZ trip.

We had a spacious studio room right next to the reception. Two double beds face each other and partitions can be drawn across. The kitchen is a little small but squeezes in a table, fits a stovetop, mini-fridge and utensils. Toilet amenities are provided for your needs. Basically the unit is functional but it could do with some refitting to spruce up the interior.

Location-wise, it is at the very edge of the town centre. We didn't check how long it takes to walk but driving to stock up at Moorhouse takes about 5 min.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 February 2017

Although we've stayed three times in the immediate area, this time we tried the Adorian and we are glad we did. The place is more modern than other options and very reasonable in rates. Andrew, the new manager, does an excellent job in accommodating his guests. The studio rooms are clean and comfortable with immediate outside parking available. Wifi is included, and the coverage seems to be good. It's a 23 minute walk to Christchurch CBD "junction", where the tram picks up passengers for a round the city tour. We thoroughly enjoyed our two-night stay and recommend it to others who might pass this one by due to its nondescript outside marquee. The best is inside where it counts and you should take a look.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

The Adorian Motel was well presented with separate kitchen, bathroom and toilet.
Bed was very comfortable with adequate room.
Location was not as close to tourist city sights as we expected. Took 30 minutes to walk to Information Isite

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2016

I booked Adorian Motel because it was cheap and i have got a good deal from Jetstar. After booking this Motel, I checked and read some review from other people and they said that the management lady was sometime good and sometime not.

However, in my experience the Lady (owner) was very friendly and helpful and offered me to answer some questions regarding Christchurch. So all in all, everything was run smoothly and i like my room.

Now, the room itself was not too big, but it was comfortable enough for me and my wife. I think the management has done some minor renovation as the room very clean and good.

I do not mind comeback to Adorian Motel when we go to Christchurch again. I can recommend this motel as a good value motel. Also it is in pretty quiet street.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2016

Comfortable and welcoming. Very convient having the bus stops at the end of the driveway. Owner very friendly and helpful. I experienced an asthma attack on my travels and when I arrived I was offered assistance at every level. The kindness and generousity shown was such a unique thing in this day and age given most businesses only really want your money. I would highly recommend the Adorian and it would be my first preference on a return to Christchurch.

Stayed: September 2016