All reviewsmotor lodgehagley parkcity centreelectric frypanswimming pooltwo bedroom apartmentwithin walking distancefree wifipapanui roadawesome stayfriendly receptionnew zealandmerivale mallstayed for one nightminutes walk awayclean tidyquiet room
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed here in a 2 bed apartment,the accommodation was of a very good standard with plenty of space and everything was very clean and well presented. If I had a complaint it would be that the unit was quite close to the road and there was a fair amount of road noise.
That said the Motel was well positioned, it’s about a 20 minute walk to cathedral square but only 10 minutes to the park which is a lovely environmental to be in.
There are many restaurants in the centre of the city but also a good number nearby and further out of town, there is also a supermarket about 10 minutes walk away.
The reception staff we’re helpful, and are happy to book you taxis etc, all in all this is a good place to stay in Christchurch

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Ashfordmotorlodge, Manager at Ashford Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Dear Linda S,

Thanks for the review and so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. The two bedroom apartments are mainly at the front of the motel and while they are larger, the offset is the road noise unfortunately even though the windows are double glazed. There are a couple at the rear of the motel so will endeavour to allocate you one of these next time you come.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Good motel accommodation, plenty of space, short walk into Christchurch but think twice if you have a lot of shopping. Rooms had good facilities, towels changed anyway, separate bedroom, lots of Wi-fi capacity

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Ashfordmotorlodge, Manager at Ashford Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Dear Tekyinblack,

Thanks for the review and pleased you enjoyed our rooms, location and wifi. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

I stayed for four nights while on holiday in January 2018. It was a nice motel, but I do not think I will stay here again. Although, on holiday, I still had to do homework for my masters program, work a little and research my next days adventures. This hotel gives out little pieces of paper for internet passcodes for 1 GB at a time. I had to stop in the office three times to get more. Staff is wonderful and she was always more than welcoming. Just more of an inconvenience than anything. Room was great! Brand new, very clean and somewhat quiet. There was a mix up upon my arrival as I was informed that I was ‘already checked in’. She checked the room and it was apparently wrong in the computer system. Minor detail. The hotel is within walking distance to things to do and see but it’s a long walk. Forewarned. Like I said, I did have an enjoyable stay, but due to minor inconveniences such as the internet hassle and location it wouldn’t be first on my list. If you do stay here, make sure you eat down the road at Tutto Bene Restaurant!! It is incredible!!! Safe travels!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo

Dear jrbro123,

Thank you for taking the time to review Ashford and great to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay. As mentioned the codes we offer are 1GB each which is generally enough for guests to check their emails etc however we are always happy to offer more complimentary should guests require it free of charge. Our location is often a highlight as we are only a 25 min walk to the centre of the city and 10 mins to Hagley park, Casino and Merivale. If you are doing a lot of shopping then yes, a taxi home would be recommended.

We hope you enjoyed the rest of your holilday.

Manager

Reviewed 2 February 2018

Having cycled from Auckland to Christchurch, I was in need of a really comfortable and relaxing 3 night stay in the Ashford Motor Lodge, and this is exactly what I got! I was checked in by the Manager, Shelley, who was lovely, helpful and very informative throughout my stay, and even upgraded me to a ground floor unit, so i didn't have to climb the stairs!! Carol in reception made some excellent suggestions on where to go, what to do etc, and proved an excellent ambassador for her city. It was also great to get chatting with Karen, with a shared heritage from Northern ireland....I look forward to doing the same for her when she visits!
The room was spacious, well equipped and modern, and provided the perfect way to rest my weary limbs. The pool was also very welcome, and used considerably.
The location was the killer though....close to the city centre, and all within walking distance.....I didn't have to get back on the bike!!
Thankyou to all involved, and I look forward to meeting up with you again in 4 years when I return for the cricket! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo

Dear McClughin,

Thank you so much for the 5 star review!
You are such a character and well done on opting to cycle NZ - you are braver than I am! I will pass on your comments to the others and I am sure Karen will look you up if she gets to Northern Ireland.

Many thanks,
Manager

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Nice motel in a great location! A 10 min. nice walk to the city, through a lovely park. We got an upgrade on the first floor, we loved it! A lot of nice restaurants around! A great breakfast restaurant 50 m away on the other site of the street!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scherbel
Ashfordmotorlodge, Manager at Ashford Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Dear Scherbel,

Thank you for taking the time to review Ashford Motor Lodge and for the 5 stars! Pleased you enjoyed our location, the restaurants near by and the complimentary upgrade. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.