All reviews robin sue guest lounge christchurch area gracious hosts olive orchard before heading home short drive beautiful room a great place to stay city centre nz airport accommodation
Reviewed 15 February 2016

Fantastic large room in impressive property. Warm welcome from Robin and Sue, who gave information on locality and restaurants, and were waiting for us when we returned with a sample of wine from their vineyard. Great breakfast before we departed the following morning.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

Well appointed, lovely setting. The owners Robin and Sue make you feel at home right away. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The whole experience was simply grand!
Breakfast was delicious and nutritious, well done

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2016

I stayed here on my own for two nights the 3rd & 4th Jan as part of my trip around NZ, and could not have been looked after better by Robin and Sue. When I arrived there was a large plate of fruit fresh from their lovely garden in my room.
The lodge is beautiful with lovely bedrooms and the gardens amazing, I walked around the whole estate with Sue and she was picking cherries, plums and apricots off the trees as we walked and just giving them to me to eat. The breakfast was superb and kept me going all day while I was out and about. In the evening with the other guests Sue & Robin treated us all to some of their excellent Pinot Noir from their vineyard and some nibbles with their olive oil again from their estate.
When I left Sue gave me a bag full of fruit from the garden for my journey plus a bottle of the Pinot Noir which I am glad to say has made it back to the UK and is now in my wine rack.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 January 2016

We were struck by the magnificence of the estate as we entered the driveway. The gorgeous estate home is enhanced by the surrounding 8 acres of olive, apple, nut trees and vineyard. Our rooms were lovely and impeccably appointed. We enjoyed a boisterous evening of wine and conversation with other guests and Robin and Sue. A very memorable and lovely experience.

Room Tip: Pinot Room was lovely
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
etypejaguar, Owner at Clearview Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2016

We are glad you enjoyed your stay as we certainly did and haven't laughed so much in a long time. The best part of having guests stay, is the great people you meet.

Reviewed 17 January 2016

Probably the most impressive b&b ever. Wonderful accomodation, most welcoming, interesting and helpful hosts. Superb quiet location, convenient for North or south highways. Amazing gardens, full of fruit, grape vines, and olive trees! Unmatched luxury.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
etypejaguar, Owner at Clearview Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2016

Thank you for taking time to write such a lovely review. We love meeting interesting people and chatting over a glass of our Pinot Noir or port and talking about peoples experiences enjoying our country and talking about all the things there are to see and do in the Christchurch and the rest of the South Island that they will be visiting. We hope you are enjoying the rest of your holiday. You will have lots to tell your daughter in Australia and it isn't quite so far for her to come for a visit.