“Not as good as it used to be”
Review of Velvet Burger

Velvet Burger
Ranked #304 of 1,054 Restaurants in Christchurch
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

The skinny fries were amazing however the burgers were both fairly sub par, one had an overcooked patty and the other an overload of strong jam. The service was friendly but extremely slow considering it was so quiet

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Yes I am sad to say that the good chips and average burgers weren't enough to distract from the two staff members affectionate break at the next table especially with her legs on the table and shoes on the seats. They even walked away leaving their dirty dishes and beer can on the table for another staff member to clean up.

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

I was very impressed with the very helpful staff regarding gluten free and their suggestions. I had a lovely burger with a gluten free bun. It was a delightful place to be in.

Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

I come to velvet burger every few months or so and I haven't often been disappointed. I went to velvet burger on the 21st of March waited for about 20 minutes till I got my burger as it was sitting up in the counter for a good 5 minutes before I got it. I got a takeaway burger and because Is I didn't seen the mildly uncooked chick till I got home by which time I was starving and ending up having to throw the chicken out (my favourite part) and not only was mine pinkish so was my partners. This is the first bad experience I have had here not sure what was going on maybe it was just the lunch rush but no excuse for poor quality food ever.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

This burger was amazing! The staff were awesome after the night they must of had lastnight here! (St Patricks ) Kumara chips perfect and on point as always. Please add this burger to the menu! Stoked me made it this month for it!