“Great service and food”
Review of Gas Monkey

Gas Monkey
Ranked #648 of 1,055 Restaurants in Christchurch
Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

Before I ordered I asked how long before the food was ready as I had an hour before the movies started. I was assured it will come out soon. And it did. My sons had a kids beef burger and a steak burger, and I had steak. Mine was cooked to perfection and the coleslaw was deliciously prepared. The waitress was attentive and suggested a wine for me, she was in tune with my stress. I said yes. I was given the bill and a mobile EFTPOS as we waited for the Sundaes. We had the banana split to take away and Sundae. The only thing was that they didn't have takeaway spoons? Overall, the dining experience was exceptional, attentive staff, great food. Well done. I'll come again.

Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

Decided to come here for lunch.
It took 15 minutes for someone to come and take our orders then another 15 watching tables after us get their drinks before us.
We wernt sure if we were meant to order at the bar or no as it was that long of wait.
The meals were average medium rare steak came out well done checked my husbands who asked for well.done and was no error in the plates.
(32 mins wait.for lunch.)

The onion rings were the only highlight of this experience. Will dont be comming back anytime soon after this bad experience.

Reviewed 3 April 2016

I took my daughter here on a Saturday night and it probably wasnt the best choice for us. It was extremely busy and noisy.
I think this is better suited to groups of 20-40somethings out for a good night, its not really a family place and probably doesnt sell itself as such.
The food was ok, although there was far too much pepper on everything.
Staff were very friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 29 March 2016 via mobile

Fantastic evening! Had the pasta and it was stunning! Also took advantage of the movie and meal deal in conjunction with Reading Cinemas! Excellent cocktails. Second time here and was excellent once again. Thank you!

Beanscene359, Manager at Gas Monkey, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2016

Great to hear you enjoyed Gas Monkey, hope to see you a third time

Reviewed 22 March 2016

Very lively on a friday night but also expensive. Pork skin is that false stuff you buy in packets, and the Pigsy burgers have that plastic looking cheese oozing out of them over the top of a very fatty bit of Pork. I must admit that the Mussel and bacon fritters were yum as were the monkey tail fries (although a bit fatty). The bottle of red was up there a bit but not fine dining price. Overall not a place i would visit again.

Hi Steve M we are sorry to hear of your experience, Chef wanted to let you know, that our pork skin crisps like everything here, is done on site and not purchased in the packet form. There's a real process in our crisps, the pork skin that we get in, is boiled, pressed, dehydrated and then cooked to order. We are glad to hear you did enjoy the rest though and would love to see you back?

Cheers